cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End User Personalization - Mandatory field does not make it mandatory

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

I am on GRC 5.3 SP8 and when I set "Company" as "Mandatory" under "End User Personalization", it does not put an "*" next to Company or force the user to fill in the Company field.

How can I make sure that the user enters "Company" when doing a "Create Request form"? I want to make sure a red "*" is next to the field so that they update it. Right now I have a default value in there but I want to make sure they think about what goes in this field.

When I create a custom field and use "end user personalization", the red "*" shows up and an error occurs if they don't fill in the field, but the predefined fields don't work the same way.

Thanks,

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems there are two separate "create request" screens. Here are the separate URLS:

http://<server>:<port>/AE/index.jsp

http://<server>:<port>/AE/index_apr.jsp

Each form contains the same data but only the ..../index.jsp screen is updated with the "end user personalization" information. Does anyone know why that is?

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC Experts, please correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding, the Request Screen in the MyWork tab is for Approvers/Admins/Security i.e. those with UME permissions of some kind. This is not the Request Screen for end users. We actually customize our UME roles to elimate the ability to use this Request Screen. We want all of our security requests to be done in the End User Request Screen.

Unlike the MyWork Request Screen, the End User Request Screen is customizable under configuration-->End User Personalization. As you've noticed, here you can customize what fields you see on the End User Request Screen, what fields are defaulted, etc. For example, for our company, we do not want end users picking and choosing roles. Our end users are not knowledgable on our roles so we save that step for a stage in which Security Admins choose roles for users based on what they asked for in the Request Reason.

Another advantage of using the End User Request Screen is that end users can create requests without having UME permissions; they need only to be authenticated against whatever system you have chosen to authenticate them against (for example, SAP) Configuration-->Authentication. As long as they exist in that system, they can create a request.

Every company is different. For us, we don't like that the MyWork Request Screen is not customizable and requires UME permissions to even access it. So we have essentially taken it away through security (based on the Security Guide provided by SAP).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

Jes is totally right. End user is supposed to use requestor screen (which does not require any UME permission) to request access. End user personalization will only change end user request creation screen and that totally makes sense.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for that explaination. I don't think it's logical for SAP to make those assumptions but it is what it is. It still doesn't make sense to me to not update both forms since it is the same data. Our company happens to like the MY WORK form, and likes the idea of using just one form for everyone (less training), but we are now being forced to use two forms because of the madatory fields. Many of our requestors are also approvers which mean they will use two different forms. But at least I understand the logic and I do like the UME implications.

Thanks,

Peggy

Rich_Turnquist
Participant
0 Kudos

This is really interesting. The "Create Request" screen under "MY WORK" does not show the mandatory field for Company, but when I go through the "Request Access" screen and click on the "New Account" link, I get a different form and this form does show the mandatory fields.

Why are the two entry screens so different? They both require the same data but the format of the screens are different. I will see if my portal team can put the "Request Access" screen up for the end-user rather than the "My Work" screen. Does anyone know how to do this and still use single signon? I am assuming we just don't use the launchpad.

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy,

This is working perfectly fine for me in CUP 5.3 SP7. When I make company field as mandatory, it shows '*' next to company and I can not submit the request till I enter something in that field.

I am sure this is one of the bug which got introduces with SP8. Lately, whenever SAP releases new Support pack, it seems they are breaking more stuff then fixing. I have been noticing this from SP3 onwards. Check with SAP and you will find the answer.

Regards,

Alpesh