Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP not see MDM server

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

When I create a new MDM system in a Portal Content -> MDM Connection Wizard on step 4 (Select Repository) I cannot select any MDM repository because the drop-down empty. So I cannot finish the wizard and create a new MDM system reference in EP.

My EP (NW 7.00 SP13) and MDM Server (5.5 SP6) are running on the same host. In MDM Console I can connect to my MDM server and see the MDM repository mounted to it.

What is the problem with the MDM Connection Wizard? Maybe I specified the wrong properties on steps 1-3?

Please, help!

Thanks and Regards,

Sergei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Verify that you have deployed the correct SCA files i.e. of compatible version with that of MDM Server

2. Only running repositories would be visible in the drop down

3. Try passing Server IP instead of Server Name

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>1. Verify that you have deployed the correct SCA files i.e. of compatible version with that of MDM Server

>2. Only running repositories would be visible in the drop down

>3. Try passing Server IP instead of Server Name

1. How can I check this? I deployed the following SCAs: BP_MDM_TECHNOLOGY (5.50.6.0), MDM_JAVA_API (5.50.6.0) & MDM_WEB_UI. My MDM server seems a little bit newer: it's version is 5.5.64.92. Can it cause the problem?

2. Yes, MDM server is running and the remote repository is loaded too.

3. I've tried this. No any changes in behavior.

In general when I come to the step Select Repository I do not see any delays. It seems the EP's wizard does not even try to connect to MDM server host which I specified on step 3. If, for example, I specify any unreachable wrong MDM Server host and go to step Select Repository it'll appear immediately without any connection attempts to the wrong host.

Maybe something need to be configured additionally? What I did was I installed MDM Server + Console, started the MDM server, created and mounted MDM repository located on the remote MS SQL Server, then I deployed the SCAs mentioned before and restarted my J2EE server.

Thanks and Regards,

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is always recommended to use the SCA files available from the same MDM installable as that of MDM Server and you cannot have the SCA files of different version than that of MDM Server.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem earlier, Use the same version of MDM server and SCA files. This will resolve your issue.

Regads

anil

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks to everybody!

The problem was in the version of MDM Java API. After I deployed exactly the same SCA as my MDM server everything started working fine.

BR, Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei

Kindly check the below 2 points

- When you enter System ID the ID name must be entered without blanks.

- Enter the MDM Server (This is the host name of the server on which the MDM server is running)

Regards

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are your repositories up and running???

Regards,

SHiv

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>are your repositories up and running???

Yes, It seems so.. I see my MDM server in MDM Console up and running. And I see also the remote repository mounted to the server. It's also loaded. Operation Check Repository does not show any errors. The only thing maybe the repository is newly created and empty.

Thanks and Regards,

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to give full permissions on Portal Content folder to the user with which you are trying to create MDM Systems.

Regards.

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Try to give full permissions on Portal Content folder to the user with which you are trying to create MDM Systems.

I tried to create a new system in the root Portal Content folder and some sub-folders. My logon user is J2EE admin which has also Portal Super Admin role assigned. Which other permissions are necessary?

Thanks and Regards,

Sergei