Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create XML with digital sign and SOAP header...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

With ABAP, I need create an XML file iwith SOAP envelope. The message has to be signed and the sign data saved in the ws-security part in the SOAP header. I have to sign the file with a X509v3 certificate in base64.

Somebody can tell me how can create the SOAP header and sign it with ABAP for the XML.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

What have you tried so far?

I think your best bet is to search for blogs and wikis for this.

Cheers,

Julius

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please refrain from implementing WS-Security yourself.

NWAS ABAP 7.x provides support for WS-Security - in both roles, as Consumer and Provider.

The right approach is to generate a proxy based on a given WSDL.

What kind of (message-based) authentication is demanded by the WS Provider?

Other info source: see https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/SingleSignonforWeb+Services

Edited by: Wolfgang Janzen on Jul 8, 2009 12:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I can't use a Web Service for create the SOAP header.

The Web Service to send the XML is in a no-SAP machine, like java Service.

I create the XML in SAP, with RFC I call to Java Service and it has the Web Service that sends the XML.

I want try encapsulate message in SAP. Becouse I try dodge that I have create the sign encapsulation with java. I don't know if i can do it or if The SOAP encapsulation is created always by the Web Services (java or sap web service)

Thanks

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

> I create the XML in SAP, with RFC I call to Java Service and it has the Web Service that sends the XML.

Sounds much too complex ... - and why do you want to use RFC / JCO ...?

Somehow I have the feeling that you are more familiar with Java and try to avoid to code the WS Consumer in ABAP ...

Well, bringing RFC / JCO into the "game" will only increase TCD and TCO.