cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with getting the PO limit of the USER through FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

i have requirement like to get the SLAPPROVER's Approve Limit .

I am using FM "BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES" . with set the data

IV_USER = 'BTEMPEST' and IV_SCENARIO = 'BBP' .

IV_ATTR_SINGLE ( ATTR_ID ) = APPRV_LIM. Executed it.

Output as follows : EV_ATTR_DFT_SINGLE Field VALUE = ##ကఀGBP .

But when i gone to PPOMA_BBP transaction , for user BTEMPEST having PO limit = 100.00GBP but i am getting garbage value.

Please have a look and let me know why the value comes as garbage OR is there any other FM/Table to get the Po Appove limit of the user.

Thanks.

Puneet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can try to use something like the READINFTYPEXXXX* or some combination of those terms. I think the limit is saved in table HRP/HRT5502, but that could be another limit though.

Regards,

Robin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Puneet,

I now see what you mean about garbage data. When I load attribute APPRV_LIM with function BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES it will error out if a large numeric field is used. If 455.33 is loaded then the read FM shows the correct amount but Org Mgmt screens and BUS4101 show some huge amount.

This only seems to happen with attribute APPRV_LIM. Am searching for OSS notes but so far nothing for release SRM 7.0.

How is everyone else loading approval limits?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Puneet,

I have the same requirement. My question is how to load (preferable mass load) the approval limits into a HR Org attribute such as APPRV_LIM. I know there is function BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES but run into insertion errors. Wondering how everyone else does this?

To answer your questions:

Attribute APPRV_LIM is a different attribute than SLAPPROVER. So if you are loading 'Approver with Value Limit' with an amount then you must use attribute SLAPPROVER in your read statement.

If loading 'Approval Limit' with an amount then you must use attribute APPRV_LIM in your read. This attribute is non maintainable which leads to my question.

BUS4101 does show limits but does not include SLAPPROVER which is very annoying.

Regards,

Thomas

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check table 'spers_obj'. From here you should be able to get the approval limit valu correctly.

Another way would be to read attributes for business object BUS4101. You can get all approval limit/spending limit etc. pertaining to a user id.

Regards,

Sanjeev