cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Timeout when sending large message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I am sending a relative large message (about 3 MB) from our ERP system to a BPM process on our XI system and from there to a Web Service deployed on our Enterprise Portal. All calls are asynchronous.

From ERP to XI is no problem, but while sending the message from XI to portal after exactly 5 minutes I am getting the error "SOAP: call failed: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 500 Timeout"

I have changed all timeout values on the xi system to values far above 5 minutes.

So my question now is, if there is a timeout value on the portal system I have to change...

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Habib Sarbas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned above I have set all available XI Timeout-Parameters. The SOAP receiver channel has a timeout value of 900000 ms. This is far above 5 minutes.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set the timeout for both Sender and receiver SOAP CC....for your case it is receiver CC...check the method mentioned in this SAP Note:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/856597

Search for : Q: Can I configure the timeout value of my receiver adapter?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check if this helps

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009