cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

http RFC Synchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created HTTP RFC Synchronous Scenario .....i am able to send the message to RFC... but i am not able to get back response...

I have created two communication channels one for RFC call in SAP R/3 and the other one is for sending HTTP respose back to source..

Where is the receiving http adapter is configured.... ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An HTTP receiver adapter need not be configured.

If you have not come across this blog,

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

Regards,

Manjusha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created the scenario....but i am not able to get the response.....i am getting the following the response error

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_FAXCHG_RFCRESP_</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceExcepti</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>on: Cannot create target element /ns1:MT_FAX_CHG_T</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4>ARGET/IVR/TRANTYPE. Values missing in queue conte~</SAP:P4>

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_FAXCHG_RFCRESP_; com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceException: Cannot create target element /ns1:MT_FAX_CHG_TARGET/IVR/TRANTYPE. Values missing in queue conte~</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Pls advice on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check the Message mapping.Copy the payload from Moni and open the message mapping and execute the message mapping using the payload.

As it is clearly mentioned in the error "failed to create the Target Message".

As the Target system is ECC and the interface is BAPI, Plz try to send 1 record at a time.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any message mapping for the request? Then you also have to do a mapping for the response structure of the RFC and assign it in your interface mapping.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Yes, Heinrich Lieker is right. For synchronous messages, you will have a Request structure and a response structure.

So your RFC will have both request and response.

You will have to create one mapping for request and another mapping to map the RFC Response to another structure in the Interface mapping.

Regards,

Ravi kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already done response side mapping and assigned to interface mapping....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check both mappings for your current payload, if the mapping works? Because the error, that you mentioned earlier, leads to an error during the mapping.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Response mapping, the target element: TRANTYPE is mandatory.

But the corresponding source element does not have any value.

Hence it is failing.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, either you talk to your R/3 colleague that the field has to be filled, or you implement a check in your mapping. If the source field is empty or does not exist, then fill the target field with a dummy value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

When I am testing through the HTML page then request is successful but No response in SXMB_MONI. But in the result part of the HTML we recieve a message as

Result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns1:MT_FAX_CHG_TARGET xmlns:ns1="urn://IVR/ValidateCustomer_SendFax"><IVR></IVR></ns1:MT_FAX_CHG_TARGET>

Does this mean that response has come here ....and not visible in moni.. Also QOS is BE for the ABOve case.

The same if we process for EO then the message is visible in MONI as successful with no response

Edited by: vishal gadkari on Jul 9, 2009 2:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use QoS "EO", then the PI doesn't expect a response. Your request is transported to the receiver and that's it. So of course you have to test it with "BE". It really seems so as your R/3 doesn't deliver response values. To be sure, you should active LOGGING_SYNC via SXMB_ADM to see also successfully processed synchronous messages in SXMB_MONI. Then you can see the payload for the reponse message that is sent from your R/3 back to the HTML page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As sender is HTTP( It resides on ABAP stack , you can hit Integration Server directly) no need to configure Sender channel...

Receiver RFC Channel is enough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are sending data using HTTP client application, use best effort as QOS. No need to configure HTTP receiver adapter.

Regards

Pravesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you not get a response message node in SXMB_MONI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

give all steps you have done in config/design.