Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Independent Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know, whether there are any ways in performing authorizations checks, irrespective of clients.

I have a scenario where only 1 user, say USER01 in client 100 should be authorized to view, execute, change certain programs and other data dictionary objects in the client 100. All other users in this client 100, should be authorized only to execute the program and not to view any of the programs and dictionary objects.

This should not be the case with any other user of the other clients of the server.They should not have any rights over these specified objects.

Kindly help me out with a solution for the same.

Venkat

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The authorizations are client independent. Whatever auth objects that you create and assign to the users in a client will NOT reflect in other clients. In fact the users are also client dependent. Having access to one client, does not guarantee access to other clients.

This is the defaul functionality.

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers.

0 Kudos

Yeah, thats right,

But in my case, am able to view the structure of the tables, the programs and other objects from other clients which should not be allowed.

Should this be restricted at the BASIS level? or can this be achieved by using Authorization Grps?

Venkat

0 Kudos

Yes this has to done by the BASIS team / SECURITY team , whoever takes care of the authorizations.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers