cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Result recording not allow for some insp lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I wonder why two inspection lots which the system have created upon perform goods receipt 101 are unable to perform Result Recording??

These two inspection lot were created with the following setting:

A u2013 One inspection plan with an MIC which is tied to a quantitative characteristic which have a sampling procedure that comes with a sampling schema.

B u2013 The u201CDefect Recordingu201D indicator is checked in the control indicator of this sampling procedure. Further, the sampling procedure includes the Defect codes for the rejection (i.e. General, At Upper/Lower Tolerance).

C u2013 The sampling procedure makes use of sampling schema which is tied to an inspection severity + AQL which consists of multiple sampling plans.

D u2013 The sample Size field in the u201CInsp.Lot quantitiesu201D tab in the inspection lot is Zero on these two inspection lots.

Next, I tried to perform result recording on these two inspection lot using QA02, and QE02, the system complains with a pop-up red error message box saying that u201CThe function you selected cannot be carried outu201D with three buttons (i.e. Detailed Info, Status Display, and Cancel).

Realize that QA02 and QE02 not able to perform result recording, I went to QE51N and plug in the inspection lots directly, but system said u201CNo Entries foundu201D.

Any idea why I cannot perform the result recording in these two Insp. Lots?

On second thought, I am wondering if this is caused by the sample size field value is still Zero in the inspection lot. The reason I suspect is the sample size is because when I went to this inspection lot manually (QA02) to try to click the sample calculation button, the system give me a message that said "Sample size could not be calculated", and click on the message, it said that "The scope of the sample could not be calculated because no inspection specifications (neither a plan nor a specification) have been assigned to the inspection lot yet. First assign inspection specifications to the lot."

But this is not true, because I have already manually assigned an inspection plan into the inspection lot even though I have not created a material specification for this material (FYI, I have a check on the mat specification checkbox).

Any clue?

Thanks

Yong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the status of your inspection lot whether it is REL or CRTD in case of CRTD u will have to assign the inspection plan to the lot.

For this Goto change inspection lot in tht click on the button task list as u have done also

Assign the sampling procedure or press the calcultate sample button in the next screen and thn chk whether the lot is getting the released status.

Then u will be able to do the Result recording for the lot

manisha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check whether you assigned sampling scheme to sampling procedure and saved it properly. Check whether there is sampling scheme for all lot sizes. Updated inspection plan key date should be on or before, inspection lot creation date.

Award points if comments found useful.

Vineeth

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please take care of this points

1) check unit of measurements if it is different inspection plant not assigned

2) check the posting date posting date before create quality plan not allowed

3)check quantity in quality plan if it is exceed not allowed to assign for inspection plan.

if any query revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz. check inspection setup of that material.

In inspection type check whether 'inspection with task list' and ' check characteristics' is activated.

Activate it and then create new lot. Check for result recording it will allow u.

I think this is the only reason of error msg.