cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPOSA_BBP : Massive transfer of Extended attribute product categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

In PPOSA_BBP we are dealing with assignment of product categories to Position through extended attributes.

Do you know of any program that would help to transfer the assignment from position A to position B ?

I have looked at the RHOMATTRIBUTES_REPLACE but it does not seems to help with position assignment

Best Regards, Manuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manual

1.read the attributes by the user with Function Module BBP_GET_CATEGORIES_F4

2.with those value again you can update the attributes to other user BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES

We can read the attributes by this Function module BBP_GET_CATEGORIES_F4 and update via BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES.

sample code for updating attributes. so you can also update the product categories(prcat LIKE lag )like that.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/CodeSample3UpdatingExtendedAttributes(Storage+Location)

BBP_GET_CATEGORIES_F4 input- user and get product categpry list as o/p.

input- user and get product categpry list as o/p.

BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES - UPDATE attribute to the user.

Note:- RHOMATTRIBUTES_REPLACE -this report helps you to convert logical system after refresh since it may points to production logical system. OK. before you execute a report you can download this report and see what are the users/position has PRCAT attribute wise. just to cross check your output from Fm BBP_GET_CATEGORIES_F4 .

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

Thanks for your help, can you confirm one thing ? Is this FM able to change position ID also or is it just to replace attribute values ?

For example I have attribute PRCAT value Q1 on position 60006009 and I would like to assign it to position 60010967 instead.

In my understanding this FM would only allow me to change Q1 to Q2 for example, Am I right ?

PS, Are you the Muthu from SSRM ?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello manual,

yes manu.

For eg you have extracted all the users/product category list which are assigned to the extended attributes by the above function module

BBP_GET_CATEGORIES_F4

olduser1 q1,s1,s2,e4

olduser2 r1,m1,m2,m3

now you can do your logic to map into

newuser1 q1,s2,s2,e4

newuser2 r1,m1,m2,m3

now you can upload this new users , new attribute via this FM BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES.

(ii)replace_p is one of the input parameters may helps you to overwrite the new attribute value.

Q1 TO Q2. -

if you are assigning attributes per user means it is equivalent to position .

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks ! it works perfectly !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manual,

I am trying to do the same but just update the new product categories for a buyer. Not able to update successfully. Could pls send me the sample code, how to go abt it.

Thanks,

Rex

Answers (0)