Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiselection using FileUpload

iulia_papadima
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm developing a webdynpro application.

I have a FileUpload Element. Is it posible to have a multiselection in order to upload more than one file at once ?

Thank you,

Iulia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No it is not. This is due to security limitations imposed by web browsers. The FileUpload UI element implements the <input type=file> html tag which imposes this limiation.

For NetWeaver 7.01 we did add the new UI element ot Web Dynpro ABAP only called AcfUpDownload. This UI element uses Java Applets to work around this security restriction. You can use the UI element for multiple file uploads/downloads. However in 7.01 there is no file selection dialog. Also the UI element is primarily designed for upload to a remote content/cache server. It doesn't directly upload back into the Web Dynpro ABAP session. I've published an eLearning and source code example that shows how you can send the data back to yoru Web Dynpro ABAP session indirectly via a custom ICF handler class.

In the upcomming NetWeaver 7.02 we did add the File Selection dialog to AcfUpDownload, which makes the UI element usable for your scenario. Until then you have work within the browser security restrictions.

Answers (0)