Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is use of Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I have some doubts on adobe forms.

we are developing adobe forms for getting out put in PDF formate .

but we have same features in smartforms also like we can give the output in pdf to the client .

recently i faced this problem in pre sale actitvity .

Client manage asked me so many questions in adobe forms

questions are

1. What is use of adobe forms

2. we are can get the out put in pdf formate through smartforms . then why you are suggesting buy pdf licenced software .

3.what is extra functionality you are providing to end user

please can one give clear usege and advatages avalable in adobe

please dont tell as abaper point view please suggest me as a enduser point of view

Regards

RameshG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use of Adobe form:

As of SAP NetWeaver u201904 (in SAP Web Application Server), you can use a new solution to create interactive forms and print forms for the optimization of your form-based business processes. This solution uses Portable Document Format (PDF) and software from Adobe Systems Inc. that has been integrated into the SAP environment.

You can create interactive forms in PDF format that allow users to fill out the form on the screen and save their entries in XML format in the form. When the SAP system receives the PDF form, it extracts the data saved in the form, and can process it further.

Smart form Vs Adobe form

Smart forms / scripts are used to show the data in SAP. Most likely you will use these to print / display some kind of reciepts / forms.

but, Adobe forms are used to post data into SAP from SAP too.

● Create form templates for the layout that include logos or pictures

● Generate documents by merging form templates and current system data

● Edit forms online or offline

● Forms can be filled in advance automatically with specific data from SAP applications and then sent to the correct recipients using secure methods

● Automatic consistency checks for forms

● Activate enhanced functions such as comments

● Digital signatures and form certification

● Send completed forms to the SAP application with automatic updates of the business data

For More reference,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/32/20709747d649e8bc74e084d0b2432c/frameset.htm

By

Parthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link would help you answer all of your queries and that of your clients too.

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/enterprise/partners/pdfs/solution_in_detail_interactive_for...

Regards,

Runal