Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS02 transaction variant stopped working after 2 years

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Two years ago I created a transaction variant for transaction AS02. This transaction variant suppressed all of the tabs on the master data screen except the General tab. I created a variant transaction to call this transaction using the transaction variant. For two years everything worked perfectly. Yesterday the transaction variant started causing an infinite loop somewhere in the validation portion of the transaction when the changes are saved .

There are three different user exits that call three different forms from the validation module pool when asset changes are saved. When I run the standard SAP transaction, AS02, each one of these three user exits is processed and the changes are committed to the database.

When the transaction variant is used each of these three user exits are repeated indefinitely until the program is stopped or it times out

I have been stepping through the code in the debugger until my eyes are blurry. I still can't find anything. Obviously something is different. I checked all the usual suspects, code changes in the validation exit routines, applied OSS notes, applied GUI patches. None of these things changed since my user said this last worked.

Has anyone ever seen this type of behavior when using transaction variants for this or any other transactions

We are on version 4 .7, patch level 24,

Basis 620, patch level 54

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

4 REPLIES 4

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well it sounds strange, the program which is running fine for last two years. Just stop all of sudden!! Well do u try to run it again? As per your routine..!!!

0 Kudos

this may sound dumb.. but did you try to create the Transaction Variant afresh & see if it works..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Suresh

Thanks for your response. I have checked the main program of the transaction, all of its includes, all of the source code objects that pop up as I'm debugging, and none of them have changed.

I tried creating a new transaction variant from scratch. This new variant looped infinitely, just as the original transaction variant did.

Thanks

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing old post