Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict access to identified transaction codes during certain hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement from customer like is their any possibility to restrict access to identified transaction codes/ Z-reports during certain hours of the day automatically.

Please check and advice in this.

Thanks & Regards,

KKRao.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the reports are all bespoke (Z*) I think the easiest way is to let the reports check the server time from inside the coding. All role/profile assignments work date-based, not time-based so I do not think that will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want this?

Please explain the use case, then perhaps we can help. For example using time zones might actually be what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

As per requirement from customer, they need to block some of transactions/reports automatically to the users in peak hours for not to access those transactions.

Please check and advice if their any possibility.

Thanks & Regards,

KKRao.

0 Kudos

Hi,

A back ground job can be created which will lock txn using sm01 for all users and unlock the same as per requirement. Locking of transactions via sm01 is generally not recommended but I am not sure of other possibility for blocking txns for all users.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Hi,

We also have a similar requirement. But the problem is that the t-code SM01 runs with a module pool program

which we can't execute in the background.

Is there any other way of blocking the t-codes for a particular period of time.

Thanks

DVRK