cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating sapcontrol web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing the SLM-MOPZ on Sol Manager ST 400 SP 18.. I need to activate sapcontrol web service on the SOLMAN system.

I tried searching the web service in Visual Administrator( Server>Services>Destinations>). I couldnt find it.

can anyone suggest me on how to activate the webs ervice sapcontrol?

Thanks

Regards

Thilip kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction: Same document, Appendix B includes 3 notes which MAY apply based on your OS. sapcontrol is part of the sap kernel supplied with new enough 7xx kernels. On my OS (AIX) there was a setuid root to set not included in the normal setroot.sh. As of certain patch levels environment/profile variables exist which help secure who gets acccess to this service which includes start/stop functionality. I think this ties into downtime management...

You can use the Multiple Software Lifecycle Manager Configuration Assistant (IMG activity) to determine if you've got it right.

Click on SLM configuration icon and then the execute icon (which says Check the Configuration if you over over it). sapcontrol check is part of the third option Check non-connection related configurations.

Also, as to my question re optional ports: Default port is 6240. Don't specify anything unless port 6240 is already used.

Now I just have to figure out how to proxy through a firewall that doesn't do http proxies!

Ken Chamberlain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get the Multiple Software Lifecycle Manager Configuration Assistant to work? What did you enter for port in the optional settings of SLM configuration?

Ken Chamberlain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to the FINAL_HowToConfMOPZ_18_4.pdf document section 5.4. The sapcontrol webservice is named OCS_API.

Ken Chamberlain

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prakar,

I am referring to this guide.. It says to activate sapcontrol web service, but it doesnt conatin the information about how and where to activate sapcontrol.. I need the detailed steps to activate sapcontrol

Thanks

Regards

Thilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any other suggestion on this?

Regards

Thilip kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you search tx SICF?