cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot input Ref key 3 field when clearing GL account

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to clear (F-03) account where Ref key # 3 and transaction type is mandatory, the autoegenerated entry in F-03 does not allow me to input these required fields.

There is a difference in that SAP will allow posting via FB01 to this account where the field status group dictates the mandatory fields.

Is this a field status group setting somewhere or is there a setting in the t code F-03 that i need to make to allow me to input the ref key 3 field and transaction type?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This field is used by SAP for:

GR/IR Account Special Processing

If you use this process then documents are assigned to GR/IR accounts using the material document in addition to the purchase order number and the purchase order item, assuming that a goods-receipt based invoice verification is defined in the purchase order item. The material document number is stored in the Ref key 3 field.

It only makes sense to use this indicator if the assignment of invoice receipts to the corresponding goods receipts using the purchase order number and the purchase order item is not sufficient (such as with scheduling agreements).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the field status setting at the posting key level? There is a field status setting that can be changed to optional there as well. There is also a field status at the account level too. So there are two settings.

pls assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked & it all looks ok..so I dont think that was it.