cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM synchronous file - soap - file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on scenario in which I am going pick up XML file from my system using File adapter and send to partner using SOAP adapter and in response I am going to receive an XML file that I have to store in some folder in my system.

Without doing any configuration in IR , and configuring only ID I was able to get response that I can see in SXMB_MONI but I am not able to save it.

1) Is there any way I can save that response without configuring any thing in IR?

2) I got some details from SDN that it can be done by using BPM in IR. If so please let me knw general approach that I should take to achieve above requirement.

Thanks.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here is a blog . Please have a look if you have not seen yet.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Here consider RFC as your webservice.except this Every things will be same

Regards,

Reyaz

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to avoid BPM, you may use module as Abhishek has suggested.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

may be we can achieve this by using the FILE sync flow as mentioned in this doc:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without%20BPM%29

You will have to include the response message in the FILE_OB_SYNC MI appropriately.....and as described you will be using two file channels...one sender and other receiver....so the receiver will paste the file to the desired location.....you can avoid BPM then....

IF your SP is not compatible then you need to use BPM:

Receive(FILE) ->Transformation(IfNeeded)>SyncSend(SOAP)>Transformation(IfNeeded)-->SendAsync(FILE)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this was helpful blog, ( https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without%20BPM%29 )

after doing exact configuration as given in this, I am getting error

Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.CPAException:Couldn't retrieve inbound binding for the

given P/S/A values: FP=;TP=;FS=bs_rfc;TS=BS_FILE;AN=;ANS=;

I had also gone through the related question of this blog, there it is suggested to refresh complete cache. I did that also but still getting same error.

Please suggest how can I solve this error.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u need to do configuration in IR and design BPM then only u will be able to save resposne.

as file is asynchrounous it is not able to save ur response.

So in BPM ur step will be

receive - send(sync)- send

now ur configuration in ID also change as integration process comes into picture.

Regards,

Manisha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
as file is asynchrounous it is not able to save ur response

File sync is not possible for SP <19 (XI 3.0)....and SP <10 (7.0)...

Regards,

Abhishek.