cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different inbound delivery types from PO conf control keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

<u>Requirement</u>

I want to create a different inbound delivery type for a certain plant so that I can switch off putaway confirmation (all other plant still require putaway confirmation). Has anyone else managed to have done this?

<u>Process</u>

The process we are using is an SAP 3rd party sales order with a vendor shipping notification. We have modified this by including an inbound delivery and shipment on the PO so that a 3rd party freight forwarder can be instructed to pick up and deliver the goods (and paid for via the use of a shipment cost document)

On the status "shipment completion", I have attached an activity profile that will automatically post goods receipt the IB delivery, but need something that prior to this step will either:

1. Have the delivery items as not putaway relevant or

2. auto putaway the delivery lines using WM or

3. auto putaway the delivery lines via use exit

<u>Problem with solution 1</u>

Looking at the confirmation control key table V_T163D only has the internal confirmation category as a key to determine the relevant delivry type. It needs both the internal & external fields as keys to allow the determination of a different inbound delivery type in this circumstance.

<u>What I have Found</u>

I can easily create a new confirmation control key, and link this to the required plant / storage location combination in the purchasing configuration.

For the confirmation control the configuration in the IMG is here: Materials Management->Purchasing->Confirmations

1. I created a new (ZM) external confirmation category

2. The problem comes when I try and create an internal & external confirmation category to delivery type link. The key on the table is the internal category (only three entries) rather than the combination of internal and external

If I can solve step 2, step 3 is easy

3. Create a new confirmation control key and sequence using the external ZM category

<u>Problem with solution 2</u>

I have tried adding a warehouse into the equation so that we can auto putaway. Here I am stuck with no storage location in the PO (Item cat S in PO sets this) so no warehouse is being determined in the delivery. Also as it is a third party PO there is no inventory being posted so I think this is a blind alley.

<u>Conclusion</u>

Am I left with option 3 or has someone else come up with a clever work around?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP notes 214604 & 201655 give a solution to this problem.