cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up an EOIO interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently transferring one of our interfaces from EO to EOIO (exactly once in order) queue processing. The sender and the receiver systems are both R/3 systems. The aim is to ensure that the messages are arriving in the receiving system in the same order as they were sent from the sending system. What I have done so far is to tick the Queue Processing box in the XI idoc receiver comm channel. This was based from:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/bd/277264c3ddd44ea429af5e7d2c6e69/content.htm

Apart from this, no more configurations/changes have been done. I am not sure if this is enough to make sure that the interface will run in an EOIO queue. There is no chance yet for an end to end testing, so the testing I went through meanwhile is through sending a sample message via the rwb - integration engine - test tab and by selecting EOIO Quality of Service. This is the reason why there is uncertainty because I purposely selected EOIO. Upon doing this, the outbound queue became SAP_ALE_xxxx. However, when I tried a different interface, still choosing EOIO, the queue id is XBQO. Clearly for the comm channel configuration, the change is working because of the existence of SAP_ALE_xxxx. But how can XI be accurate in sending the messages in the same order as they were sent to XI if the EOIO setup is added only in the receiver comm channel?

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

on what WAS are your ERP system ?

are they both >= 6.40 ? if not thant you cannot set up EOIO

you can find IDOC EOIO guide in my book - with screens of course

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/06/12/pixi-second-edition-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-pi

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Yes, it is 6.40.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the links mentioned in this thread....for setting up an EOIO for an IDOC:

Regards,

Abhishek.