cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Area not appearing against vat entry in A/C document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

In the A/C document for sales Invoice, Business area is getting populated against the Sales revenue and freight credit entries but it is not getting populated against the VAT Payable line item in the A/C Document.

Please let us know what is required for this.

Regards,

Avinash Gyale

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I not sure what SAP release are you in, but I can assume that you are not using what is called NEW GL, but Classic GL. The Business determination for Classic GL has some constraints for auotmatic generated line items such tax, cash discount and FX revaluation.

In your specific case, even though the Buisness Area is present in other lines items in the posting, SAP doesn't assign it (Blank)to the automatically created tax line; this is the way the standard SAP works. Those line items can be corrected every month. The configuration adjustment GL account (For tax account) should be complete, this adjustment account can either be set to be made in the same tax account or in another designated GL account. Once this setting is complete, then every month execute the BA adjustment program F.5D and F.5E in order to generate the adjustment posting to correct the Buisness Area 'Blank'

Hope this helps.

GG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If one invoice contains multiple business areas, only blank space will appear in accounting document. To avoid this, invoice split should happen based on business area. Invoice split can be done through TCode VOFM -- Data Transfer -- Billing document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

What configuration settings to be done in VOFM please tell me detail steps so that system will pick business area automatically with the vat payable A/C.

Regards

Abhisekh Mandal