Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME51N - userexit EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_008 (ZXM02U08)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When issuing an error message in the above userexit, the SAP standard tool bar does not seem to work. I cannot back out, exit or cancel my transaction. I am trying to pop up an error message if an amount is greater than 50,000 for example and the transacion should stay on the same screen for me to re-enter a different amount. Anyone knows a way to do this, please help.

Regards,

Chuong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chuong Le,

I think this Exit is called during the UPDATE process which means that the control has already left the main transaction processing and the control is now with the update process.

Once you issue an error message during update process the system will throw the error message on a blank screen where you cant backout.

If you just want to check for the amount for a field then you can try the option of Field exit which is specifically used for validating the field inputs.

Hope this helps

Cheers

VJ

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chuong Le,

I think this Exit is called during the UPDATE process which means that the control has already left the main transaction processing and the control is now with the update process.

Once you issue an error message during update process the system will throw the error message on a blank screen where you cant backout.

If you just want to check for the amount for a field then you can try the option of Field exit which is specifically used for validating the field inputs.

Hope this helps

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply VJ.

I need to validate the combination of the price and more fields from the PReq header data, so I think field exit is not suitable. Do you know any user-exit or Badi that I can use for input validation and also allow the users to re-enter the data.

Regards,

Chuong

0 Kudos

Hi Chuong,

I am not sure but there is only one enhancement MEREQ001. Did you check if anyother exit within this might help?

Incase if you dont get the required interface you can get the data using dynamic referencing.

There is only 3 Badi's which i am not sure if it would help.

ME_COMMITMNT_PARKING

ME_MEREQ_PARKING

ME_REQ_HEADER_TEXT

Let me know if you can find a user exit which gets triggered but does not have the interface you are looking for, may be i can help you to get the data using dynamic referencing.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

The two BADIs ME_COMMITMNT_PARKING and ME_MEREQ_PARKING do not seem to exist. I tried the ME_REQ_HEADER_TEXT and it did not work as expected. I think I will issue an abend (type A) message to terminate the transaction.

Thanks, Chuong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chuong,

U can use EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_010 which is available in MEREQ001. This should help u to check the fields as this exit contains almost all the information.

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit Dani,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_010. However, I worked almost the same way as EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_008 did. I could not re-enter the data.

Thanks, Chuong

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I also faced same problem .

Is there any process to solve it , then please reply me ,

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would want to do the same because I need to check my "Z" fields with an EXIT, but I don't know which exit can help me.

Thanks

0 Kudos

I have solved my problem. I tell you the solution:

I have implemented the PROCESS_REQ_CUST badi. I have put my code in the CHECK method and in that method I have done my validations and I have also controlled if my "Z" mandatory fields are filled, because if they weren't filled, I would send a message to the user to advert him.

Best regards.