cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i merge two cell in BO Reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm new to this BO. I've already posted my problem in some other place in this forum. Now, I think that may be a wrong place to post.

So, i'm posting this problem once more here.

I'm giving you that link which i've already posted (Otherwise it will be duplicate thing to post the entire content) ->

[Can i merge two cell in BO Reports?|;

Sorry for this initial mess.

Waiting for your feedback.

Regards.

Satyaki De.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use write a formula the concatenates the outcomes of more than one fields and/or formulas in one and just put it in one cell/column.

What do the cells that you want to merge contain? Table fields?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

>What do the cells that you want to merge contain? Table fields?

No, these are aggregate information.

Even if that is a table field can you show me how to put the formula here?

I'll try that in my dummy report then.

Regards.

Satyaki De.

0 Kudos

Hi,

let's say that you have two numerical fields in your query [Month] and [Week]. You can merge those in one cell or column using the following formula:

=FormatNumber([Month];"####")+FormatNumber([Week];"####")

the function FormatNumber(<name of numerical field>;"####") converts your number to a string and the + operator concatenates the two strings into one.

You can insert the formula in an empty cell or in a column of one of your tables.

I would suggest to have a look at the User's Guide for WebIntelligence

(Version XI 3.1 [http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-1_web_intelligence_java_report_panel_en.pdf]

Other versions are available here [http://help.sap.com])

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Hi,

cell merging is also possible (just select the multiple columns you want to merge and use the context menu (right mouse button) to do this) but only the contents of the first of the columns to be merged will be kept.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But, my requirement is slightly different than what you have shown.

I've created two reports say report 1 & report 2. And, it should looks like this ->

Report 1,

YEAR QT         P1         P2
---- -- ---------- ----------
2001 Q1                    25
2002 Q2         13         14

Report 2,

2001 Q1          7         12
2002 Q2         10

And, my required final output should be ->

2001 Q1          7         37
2002 Q2         23         14

So, as you can see - i'm merging and adding the values of two reports into one.

I'm using Oracle 10g as my DB. Is it possible that i can write some SQL query any where in any place of the reports that can do this staff. Then i can go for that kind of solution, too.

But, in that case i need to know where to write the query. Please reply.

But, first -> Is it at all possible in BO?

Thanks again for your valuable time to read this post.

Regards.

Satyaki De.

0 Kudos

I would suggest to write a WebI report which is based on a union.

Assuming you have created report 1, just go to the query editor panel and look for the Combined Query button (the one with the intersecting circles on it). If you press it the system adds a second query which is combined via a union operator with the original one. All you have to do now is to switch to the second query and add the dimensions and key figures required from report 2. The only restriction is that for every select attribute of the first query exactly one attribute of the same type must exist in the second query (_The order of the attributes is important_).

This way you can combine the results of the two queries into one table and also build the sums you need.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input.

Let me check that and will let you know the status.

Regards.

Satyaki De.