Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security retrofit strategy and best practices

0 Kudos

Hello All,

We need to understand the process on how to retrofit/sync security roles in the 5 system landscape. Also we would like to know the best practices to synch security with No to very minimal dual maintenance and reduce complexities.

Tried using Charm retrofit and figured out that it would not work for Security and the same was confirmed by SAP Consultant on site.

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 7, 2009 9:39 AM

Subject title corrected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been looking into this before as well, and did not find anything other than organizational discipline and training to keep the keep the roles in sync and maintained in dual systems.

SolMan Charm is usefull for the managing the transports themselves and documentation, but not really as a central source system for developing the roles and distributing them.

5 system landscapes sounds like a set of ERP, HR, CRM, XI/PI and BW/BI? The possibilities to meaningfully sync roles accross these 5 (for example) should be very limited anyway.

Cheers,

Julius

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd say you have two options for synchronising, provided all your systems are of the same setup and patch level: (No difference in auth objects/fields)

1: Download/upload. This can be done from PFCG. The only pitfall here is that you have to re-compare the child roles which cannot be done in batch from SUPC. Its done either through PFCG or report SUPRN_REGENERATE_DEPENDENT.

2: moving/copying transport files. Your basis team should be able to help you out with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been looking into this before as well, and did not find anything other than organizational discipline and training to keep the keep the roles in sync and maintained in dual systems.

SolMan Charm is usefull for the managing the transports themselves and documentation, but not really as a central source system for developing the roles and distributing them.

5 system landscapes sounds like a set of ERP, HR, CRM, XI/PI and BW/BI? The possibilities to meaningfully sync roles accross these 5 (for example) should be very limited anyway.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have faced some problems using Retrofit for security roles, however it was fixed by some SAP Notes.

Until now, for all my roles changes I retrofited, they were all categorized as Manual modification.

For Solution Manager:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2106483

For Managed Systems:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2120368

Cheers,

Rafael

MichaelHealy779
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry to drag up an old topic but even now in 2023 I am still looking for an easy way to retrofitting security roles? Has anyone seen any standard way of easily achieveing this, without having to manually retrofit changes every time in the dual track?