cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to PI7.1 is for ABAP only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I notice that the upgrade guide for PI7.1 did not say how and when to execute SAPJUP.

Does this mean above upgrade is for ABAP only?

Please help. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

> I notice that the upgrade guide for PI7.1 did not say how and when to execute SAPJUP.

>

No, upgrade guide talks about both ABAP+Java.

Check SAP Note 1245473 - Add. Info. - SAP Enhancement Package Installer 7.00.pdf

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

However, if you read the guide for upgrade to PI7.1 with ENHP1, the guide even did NOT mention SAPJUP.

Please help advise. Thanks!

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure which guide are you checking. But check this guide SAP Enhacement Package Installation (SAPehpi)-ABAP+JAVA.pdf. This contains information for both Java and ABAP.

Check this link https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005412772005E.pdf

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Jul 7, 2009 12:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you please find this PDF at SMP? You will find that actually SAPJUP is EVEN not mentioned at all.

"Upgrade GuideSAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 Including Enhancement Package 1"

For

SAP NetWeaver Usage Type Application Server ABAP°&?y§^ SAP NetWeaver Usage Type Process Integration°&?y§^ SAP NetWeaver Usage Type Application Server Java°&?y§^ UNIX°&?y§^ OracleTarget Audience°&?

I am sorry that I cannot decide what link to above doc is.

Please help make sure you have a look. Thanks!

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christy,

I am not able to find the book for ABAP +Java for EHP1 upgrade on SMP now.

You can download it from below link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/253060092/SAP_Enhacement_Package_Installation__SAPehpi_-ABAP_JAVA.pdf.ht...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry that I confused you.

Let me recap my question:

1) source release 7.0 with enhp1, target release 7.1, I think it is a ABAP only upgrade since no SAPJUP mentioned in guide.

2) source release 7.0 without enhp1, target release 7.1, SAPJUP is mentioned in the upgrade guide but no dual stack sunchronization is mentioned.

So I believe for both scenarios , NO Java upgrade happens.

Please advise. Thanks!

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christy,

I checked this guide but they have mentioned Java upgrade in that. Check below guide

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000327452009E

And check on page 88..there they have explained about java upgrade..

Hopw it it will clear your doubt.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right.

However, it did NOT

1) mention the execution of SAPJUP

2) mention the synchrounization of the dual stack during the upgrade.

Actually for the upgrade to 7.0, there is a dedicated guide for Java upgrade. However for upgrade to 7.1,

there is ONLY a brief chapter on Java stack.

Please help more. Thanks!

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christy,

The process is pretty much clear in the upgrade guide. I went through guide and it looks fine for me. What additional information you need for Java upgrade ?

I will suggest you, first do a test upgrade in your sandbox system then all your doubts will be clear.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)