cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two SAP Instance on One windows server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have SAP Dev server with different client for quility . Now management wants to install independant instance installation for QLT on same H/W box insteed of using client for QLT. Please advice any SAP note or installation guide which help me . Also what would be point of concern while doing this activity.

We are using ECC 6.0 with Oracle on Windows server 2003.

Regards

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Install a new system for quality.

Perform a client copy, exporting the quality client from source system to the target with export/import method.

configure 3 system landscape for TMS.

Also check the Note 24853 - CC-INFO: Client copy, functionality

let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Pavan

Edited by: Pavan Kumar on Jul 7, 2009 12:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I am agree with process provided by you. but my concern is about while installation on 2nd instance what are pre requisite i need to keep in mind and how can i perform this activity . i would appreciate if you provide bit more information on it.

regards

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

your second system also needs to be of the same version and patch level as the initial.

please refer below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/EN/69/c24c824ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

check with the note Note 70547 - CC-TOPIC: Client transport

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please confirm about installation of MCOD is require or not

MCOD is not mandatory,you can still maintain seperate database without MCOD

SAP Note 98252 - Installing two Oracle databases on a host

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installing two R/3 instance in single host, require lot of resources like Memory, disk space and Number of CPU's.

Note 28392 - Two R/3 Systems on one Windows NT Server

And also you have to follow Multiple Components on One Database (MCOD) installation, installing 2 database instances on single database.

Note 388866 - Multiple Components on One Database - Installation

After successful installation you can follow client export/import as per the business requirement.

Thanks,

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Please confirm about installation of MCOD is require or not . if i create new database on same server for Qlt instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI lee,

complete a normal fresh installation on the designated new hardware.and import the client.

MCOD is not necessary.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can install new instance on same windows server,

This can be done with

1. Complete new installation

2. System Copy.

In bunch of cases i saw client copy is not avalid option,because when you install the new instance you new instance have to be same level as your older Quality instance, Second client copy is not a true replication,it only copies (Application data,client specific data and user data) then

-what about your cross client cutomizations ,in house developments etc.-

My suggestion is create this instance a system copy from production environmrnt and then do the post system copy steps.

this will rovide you true QA environment.

Thanks

Hardeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reason I said MCOD is for effective resource management. Installing two oracle databases on single host requires again lot of resources, with respect to CPU and Memory. If you have plenty of RAM with good CPU power it wont be a problem when coming distributing memory for two SGA's and for two SAP instances.

Don't be hurry in installing two databases, plan effectively other wise you will end up in performance bottleneck situation, when you start using two SAP instances on single host. And also there is big drawback in MCOD which is system refresh. If you plan in future for system refresh from PRD to QA which is on MCOD it is not possible.

Thanks,

Surendra