cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 Error: Plant for follow-on document missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to create a shopping cart in SRM 7 extended classic, with BE 4.7, I receive the following error "Plant for follow-on document missing.

I have replicated plants (SLG1 is clean) from R3 and I have assigned them as extended attributes in the org structure.

I notice that within the shopping cart if check the default setting for the user, the plant is not showing up there in the drop down eventhough they all show fine in the org structure.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional Note: BBPLOCMAP table is populated.

Thanks,

Matt

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In extended attributes in ppoma_bbp, check the source system. It should be same as your backend logical system that you have maintained for your R3 backend in 'Define Backend systems'. Also check spro--> Define backend system for prodt. category.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

All three of these settings look fine. I am also able to compare to our Production SRM 3.0 system for these settings. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are procuring direct materials? or special request describe procurement?

run bbp_check_consistency report for your user for SC or PO?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu, I ran the checks and everything looks ok.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh sorry and it's not direct materials, just describe requirement.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

However you must get plant while creating sc since you maintained/inherited the plant.

can you see plant no in basic data before you order a sc

br

muthu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the plant doesn't show up on the SC. It does not even show up in the default values, if you hit F4 for plant/location in the default values (aka user favorites?) it does not find any of the plants, eventhough they show up in the org structure for the attribute assignment and they show up in table BBPLOCMAP.

Thanks,

Matt

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

strange matt.

use FM , BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES check your user name brings plant attibute or not.

i/p user name and org struct id

o/p :- attributes inherited for user.

you can maintain plant at position levelin your org str too.

br

muhtu

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check using fm-bbp_get_locations_f4, if you are able to get list of locations.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

The FM does bring back the plant. However, the plant values are not getting transferred into the SC or the default values for the SC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this FM does NOT return a list of locations.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if this is a clue, but using the SRM admistration role, if I click on edit attributes in the web GUI, the drop down list for attributes is blank, this is true whether I try to do it for a user or for a department.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi matt

It make ensure that you did not inherit / maintain plant for that user.

please try to maintain a plant at position level via extended attribute.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu, That worked!!! Why can't we maintain that attribute at a higher level and have it inherit down? This always has to be mainted at position level now? Or was this just a workaround for now?

Thanks,

Matt

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We can maintain at higher level too. for eg DEPT -under all user

if you maintain at DEPT and itis applicable to all under users assigned to that dept.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears if I maintain at department level or higher it does NOT work, but when I maintain directly at the position level it does work.

In our current SRM 3.0 system we maintain at a higher level and it is fine so this is weird? Any idea how to make it work with inheritance?

Thanks,

Matt

Answers (0)