cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Inspection Lot for Serial Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to create an Inspection Lot and associate it to a Serial Number right away.

I've done a process were I've change the Material and Serial Number of my equipment, so now the old inspection lot is not usefull no more and I would need to have a new inspection lot so that the movement to place the stock on unrestricted is cone for the new inspection lot.

Or is that any other way to do this???

Thanks in advance.

BMO

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno

Please give more clarity about process.

Whether you are talking about Insp lot created by Calibration order or during goods receipt. You have changed Material & Sr no at what stage after Goods Receipt of serialized material ?

Please explain complete process so that help can be extended

Regards

Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Z mov. created to create the inspection lot and proceed with the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

The inspection lot is created when the mobile is delivered from client and dismantled, and my stock gets increased for the returned material - that stock remains in Quality.

Later when the Usage Decision for the Inspection Lot is given (depending on the selection) my stock passes from quality to unrestricted, and this is the normal process without issues.

Possible exception:

If in the midle of the process I've to change the serial number for this mobile or to change the Material + serial number, the first Inspection Lot created is not helpfull to me because I can´t change there the Material or serial number. So the Usage Decision would be given for the old serial number, isn't it?

Today I found a Ztransaction that is used to create Inspection Lot. In the first step the material, goes in the warehouse in Quality and in the second step, when the Usage Decision is given, the stock passes from Quality to Unrestricted.

For the substitution Material / Serial number everything is correct, but for the first one it's not, should this obsolete stock goes to scrap?

Thanks,

BMO.