cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a new button in a sap-standard-view WD4A

Former Member
0 Kudos

In webdynpro for ABAP

I have changed the text on an existing button in a sap-standard-view using configuration (change application configuration/go to component configurator/implicit configuration and then on the view-component change the text) it works perfect.....

my next step is to create a new button beside the old one with a new text on it, I created a new button by using "enhance view" (I copied the existing button) the new button appears (so far so good) but when I go into the configuration to change the text on the new button (using configuration the same way I did when I changed the text on the existing button) I cant find my new button in the view-component list....why can't I find it there so I can change the text?

Can anyone help me this one?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't believe that the Configuration tool picks up Enhancement Objects because of the way they are linked to the original component at Runtime. Why set the text using configuration? You can control the text within the enhancement object. Do you want different texts based upon multiple configurations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thank you for your answer....

Yes, that was my first soulotion.... then someone told me I have to change the text in configurations, otherwise the text disapears next time we upgrade(?)......do you know if it's correct information??

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That is not correct. This would only be true for chaning the text on the standard button. However if you used the enhancement framework to add a button, all of its properites will be merged over with the button itself during modification adjustment, post-upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thank you very much....now I know how to get on with this

Answers (0)