cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create MDM user as batch processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does anyone have an idea to create many MDM users in one step?

I checked MDM Console Reference Guide but I could not find any CLIX command to create a MDM user.

I prefer to implement without any APIs, but I'm not sure whether it is possible or not.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ikue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Lkue,

Please find below the link for the doc "How to Create Mass Users in MDM 5.5".

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0224edf-bf37-2c10-228f-c1641581...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

SA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my article for creating mass users - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0224edf-bf37-2c10-228f-c1641581...

If you face any problem let me know.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi An, SA and Shambhunath,

Thanks for great information.

I forgot to tell you details - actually I'm using MDM 7.1 SP2 on Oracle 10g.

Anyway, I will try to find check A2i_CM_Users, A2i_CM_Roles and A2i_CM_User_Roles tables.

Shambhunath,

By the way, how do you get to know that those tables are related to MDM users and editable?

Is there any official document regarding MDM database's internal structure?

Regards,

Ikue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ikue,

There is no standard document available which explains the MDM repository structure on Database, This was analysed by me when working on similar scenario of implementing MDM.

For MDM version 7.1, if this works then please take out some time and post your comments on the Article stating that it works for 7.1 also. So other can also use this article.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ikue

We have a simillar requiremnet and would be intrested in kwoing how you managed the mass upload of Users in MDM 7.1.

We are on SAP MDM 7.1 with Orcale ( HP-UX)

Another alternative we are looking at is connecting MDM with Active Directory. But the contraint here is that we have 3 different domains in our AD environment. Does MDM support multiple AD domains ?

Regards,

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ikue

We used this methodology but for user creation only because user roles didn't work correctly after creation.

Be careful, if you want to create not only users but their roles

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin ,

Do you mean role assignment to users didn't work correctly or are you reefring to Role creation itself ?

We are planning to craete users and assign roles to them ( which are already created).

Thanks,

Shailesh

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ikue,

There was an article How to Create Mass User in SAP MDM 5.5 Repository if you can find it.

You can create users and roles directly in database by using simple sql queries.

Hope you got steps in email.

+ An

• This is not an official message and not related to my organization.