Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST running out of memory in the middle of import process

venu_katamneni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running import process in the target systems as part of the unicode conversion. The import had been running for almost 50+ hours when suddenly the SAPINST GUI stopped with the following error. Did some body encounter this? If so, could you please respond? Thanks in advance..

******************************************************************************************************************************

WARNING 2009-07-02 20:57:04.906

CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl()

Execution of the command "/oracle/X02/j2sdk1.4.2_20/bin/java -classpath migcheck.jar -showversion -d64 com.sap.inst.migcheck.MigrationChecker -checkObjects -dbType ORA -tskDir /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/LM/COPY/ORA/SYSTEM/DISTRIBUTED/AS-ABAP/DB -strDirs /oracle/dbexport/ABAP/DATA -trace all" finished with return code 101. Output:

java version "1.4.2_20-rev"

Java(TM) Platform, Standard Edition for Business (build 1.4.2_20-rev-b04)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.4.2_20-rev-b04, mixed mode)

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

WARNING[E] 2009-07-02 20:57:04.910

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-30022 Program 'Object Checker' exits with error code 101. For details see log file(s) object_checker.java.log, object_checker.log.

ERROR 2009-07-02 20:57:05.143 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:950]

FCO-00011 The step runObjectChecker with step key |NW_ABAP_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|8|0|NW_ABAP_Import_Dialog|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|NW_ABAP_Import|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|runObjectChecker was executed with status ERROR .

14 REPLIES 14

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same error just a few days ago when doing an import. The actual import is finished, now the "object checker" tries to check if all packages are correct.

What you can do is:

- stop sapinst

- open keydb.xml in an editor

- search for "migcheck.jar"

- changet all entries with "migcheck.jar" and "showversion" to

...."showversion", "-Xmx1024"....

(make sure you don't delete parenthesis)

Restart sapinst and continue with old installation.

That error happens if the number of packages is huge.

Markus

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi,

Execellent information. However it was in the control.xml file on our istallation directory.

Russ...

0 Kudos

Doehr ,

I met the same issue as you , i changed the control file as you told, but i met another issue.

the error message

WARNING 2009-09-25 05:59:53.805

Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_22-x64\bin\java.exe -classpath migcheck.jar -showversion -Xmx2048 com.sap.inst.migcheck.MigrationChecker -checkObjects -dbType ORA -tskDir "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ERPEhP4\LM\COPY\ORA\SYSTEM\CENTRAL\AS-ABAP" -strDirs L:\export\ABAP\DATA -trace all" finished with return code 1. Output:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

+_Incompatible initial and maximum heap sizes specified_+

i added another parameter "-Xms 1024" or "-Xms 2048" in the same items which we changed as you told me. for example:

var javaArgs = ;

but i met another error message

CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl()

Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_22-x64\bin\java.exe -classpath migcheck.jar -showversion -Xms2048 -Xmx2048 com.sap.inst.migcheck.MigrationChecker -checkObjects -dbType ORA -tskDir "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ERPEhP4\LM\COPY\ORA\SYSTEM\CENTRAL\AS-ABAP" -strDirs L:\export\ABAP\DATA -trace all" finished with return code 1. Output:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Too small initial heap

I think maybe it is a SAP bug for SAPERP 6.0 EHP4 system copy data load . Could you give me some suggestion ? Thanks!

0 Kudos

> Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_22-x64\bin\java.exe -classpath migcheck.jar -showversion -Xmx2048 com.sap.inst.migcheck.MigrationChecker -checkObjects -dbType ORA -tskDir "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ERPEhP4\LM\COPY\ORA\SYSTEM\CENTRAL\AS-ABAP" -strDirs L:\export\ABAP\DATA -trace all" finished with return code 1. Output:

> Error occurred during initialization of VM

> +_Incompatible initial and maximum heap sizes specified_+

Add an "M" behind the value - so "-Xmx2048M" and delete the -Xms parameter.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check /3GB option in windows. SAP note 441663

if it is UNIX then Check ulimit of SIDADM & ORASID and root.

Regards,

Sachin Rane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks the solutions works.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Even i got the same issue while doing a system copy for EHP4 system and your thread was helped me to fix the issue

The actions performed.

1. In the sapinst_dir directory found the control.xml file.

2. Find with the hint word migcheck.jar

It will be like the below in 3 places (In my case)

example : classpath:["migcheck.jar"], mainclass:"com.sap.inst.migcheck.MigrationChecker", jdkArgs:["-showversion" ]

Edited the same as like below : , "-Xmx1024m"] };

classpath:["migcheck.jar"], mainclass:"com.sap.inst.migcheck.MigrationChecker", jdkArgs:["-showversion" , "-Xmx1024m"] };

The installation went fine after doing the changes

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I solve the problem editing the file control.xml.

Searching for migcheck.jar

Changing the 2 sections on control.xml file.

From jdkArgs:["-showversion" to jdkArgs:["-showversion", "-Xmx2048M"] };

Regards,

Marcelo

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys.

The solution also worked for me ( ERP 6.0 EHP4 installation with MaxDB on Windows Server 2008 R2 ).

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions who helped me to fix the issue and move forward with my installation.

What I did was the following:

1. Searched after "migcheck.jar"

2. I found the following entry:

var javaArgs = ;

3. Edited as follow:

var javaArgs = ;

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

0 Kudos

Hi all,

This solution works for me:-

Change control.xml file in the below location (there are in 2 locations, I changed both, since i am not sure which one is used):-

C:\INSTALLATION_FILES\INST_MASTER\51036888_BS2008_Install_Master_Win-x64\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\NW701\WEBAS\IND

And

C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ERPEhP4\LM\COPY\ADA\SYSTEM\CENTRAL\AS-ABAP

Find for migcheck.jar in control.xml file (you will find this at 2 locations in the file)

Add this ( "-Xmx1024m" after showversion, as below)!!

var javaArgs = { classpath:["migcheck.jar"], mainclass:"com.sap.inst.migcheck.MigrationChecker", jdkArgs:["-showversion" , "-Xmx1024m"] };

Then restart sapinst with old option, then installation should continue!!

Regards

Shahul Hameed

HCL-Axon BASIS

Related/ similar thread

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10393254&#10393254 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent! This worked for us as well. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi all:

The solution does not work on SUSE 10 another idea?

0 Kudos

Work fine for Sap Netweaver 7.03 - Process Integration install.