cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancemnet Packs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to install enhancemnet pack4 on ECC 6.0, I have downladed SAP Enh.Package 4 for SAP ERP6.0 1 to 10 and the enhancement pack installer( to install the enh packs)

Apart from the above do i need to download anything for the Enhancement pack 4 installation.

What are the prerequisites i need to consider for the installation.

What filesystems i have to check before instllation, just to avoid filling up.

Thanks please help regarding the same.

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I used Solution manager to download EnH Pack 4. Use the Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer (Transaction DSWP) to download all needed Software Components and required Support Packages by selecting the appropriate Technical Usage. The Maintenance Optimizer will calculate valid import queues for the systems in charge.You will need an XML file which is created by SolMan. Also read the follwoing SAP notes

Also you can only install EnH Pack 4 along with NW EnH 1 together. One more thing if you have add-ons installed like Best Practices you will need a vendor key from SAP by opening a message with them.

There is a very good doc. " How to Install SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0"; which you can download from service/.sap.com/erp-ehp

For filesystem, your install directory. I used /usr/sap/put and also your /usr/sap/trans needs to have additoinal space. In install directory it will create your shadow instance, your new kernel, log files ets.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Edited by: Naveed Qureshi on Jul 6, 2009 11:58 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>

>> Also you can only install EnH Pack 4 along with NW EnH 1 together. One more thing if you have add-ons installed like Best Practices you will need a vendor key from SAP by opening a message with them.

>

you can get vendor key from SAP note 1262124

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 1301301 - Release Strategy for SAP Best Practices Package ABAP Add-ons

"Technically SAP provides a "Vendor Key" for the enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 installation on systems containing SAP Best Practices add-ons. This is only to ensure that the upgrade is technically completed. To get the vendor key, kindly contact SAP. You can raise a message on component BC-UPG-ADDON "

The reason why I mentioned earlier in the post was that I had to request one. Just finsihed the upgrade to ENH pack 4 yesterday.

Thanks,

Naveed

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This note is for SAP Best practice add on's

check this for same note 1301301:

SAP Best Practices add-ons are completely independent from other add-ons and software components. So any add-on based on the underlying SAP application can be installed just like they are installed in systems without the SAP Best Practices add-ons.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to download the Enhancement packs without the solution manager, is this okay . I have downloaded the below please correct me if anything is missing.

SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 SR1 Components 51037095

ODoc. SAP EHP4 ERP 6.0 incl. EHP2/3 1 of 3 50094517_1

ODoc. SAP EHP4 ERP 6.0 incl. EHP2/3 2 of 3 50094517_2

ODoc. SAP EHP4 ERP 6.0 incl. EHP2/3 3 of 3 50094517_3

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 1 of 10 51033594_1

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 2 of 10 51033594_2

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 3 of 10 51033594_3

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 4 of 10 51033594_4

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 5 of 10 51033594_5

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 6 of 10 51033594_6

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 7 of 10 51033594_7

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 8 of 10 51033594_8

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 9 of 10 51033594_9

SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 10 of 10 51033594_10

When do we require vendor key.

How many days it took for you from start to finish.

For /usr/sap/trans which has 16gb space and /usr/sap/<SID> 3.17g.b left, do i need to increase this filesystem and do i need to consider the SAP data files.

You said "you can only install EnH Pack 4 along with NW EnH 1 together", i couldn't get you, please explain. We are under ECC6.0/ABAP system.

Regarding the installation procedure for the 50094517_1 to 3 and 51033594_1 to 10, is it enough to follow the How to install EHP4 on ERP6.0

Thanks

anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out [https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000293582009E.PDF]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager will create XML file which is required during the upgrade process. It will also calculate queue for you depending on what you already have installed on the system and which support stack you want to go for the Enhancment Pack4.

As far as vendor key if you have BP-ERP05 add-on installed on your system then you will need to request from SAP. In other cases as Sunny mentioned you can get the key from the note 1262124.

For space for your filesystem it will all depend on what you select to install/upgrade

For the installation of EnH pack 4 along with NW Enh pack 1 if you use Solution manager to download you do not have to worry about that becasue it combines it in one queue.

Also would recommend to read all the documents/notes mentioned in this thread.

Thanks,

Naveed

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

> Solution Manager will create XML file which is required during the upgrade process. It will also calculate queue for you depending on what you already have installed on the system and which support stack you want to go for the Enhancment Pack4.

>

yes. you are right. But check configuration of your system in SMSY because MOPZ will calculate you queue based on what you have define your system in SMSY. it should be upto date.

> As far as vendor key if you have BP-ERP05 add-on installed on your system then you will need to request from SAP. In other cases as Sunny mentioned you can get the key from the note 1262124.

>

From note 1262124, you can get vendor key for Addons if you don't want to upgrade them and keep the same version. But not for Buisness packages. For BP's you need to raise message with SAP and then SAP will provide you.

> For space for your filesystem it will all depend on what you select to install/upgrade

>

That's is true. For more information on space check upgrade guide.

> For the installation of EnH pack 4 along with NW Enh pack 1 if you use Solution manager to download you do not have to worry about that becasue it combines it in one queue.

>

ya, that's true. But again same thing check config in SMSY for your system that should be upto date.

> Also would recommend to read all the documents/notes mentioned in this thread.

>

Without reading proper notes and upgrade guide, I will not recommend to anyone to start this type of major upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

From note 1262124, you can get vendor key for Addons if you don't want to upgrade them and keep the same version. But not for Buisness packages. For BP's you need to raise message with SAP and then SAP will provide you.

I am not sure about Business packages but over here I meant Best Practices BP-ERP05. Also correct me if I am wrong doesn't Business packages go on the Java side like Portal, so Business packages for ESS, MSS, etc,. Or there are Business Packages on the ABAP side as well ?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

> I am not sure about Business packages but over here I meant Best Practices BP-ERP05. Also correct me if I am wrong doesn't Business packages go on the Java side like Portal, so Business packages for ESS, MSS, etc,. Or there are Business Packages on the ABAP side as well ?

You are right. For Best Practices BP-ERP05, we need vendor key from SAP. And Business packages are on Java side.

For Add-on on ABAP side you can get vendor key from 1262124.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am creation a new system in the solution manager transaction under Solman.

The problem here is when i create a new system for SAP ERP, the product version that is displayed is SAP ERP 2005, my system doesn't show SAP ERP 6.0, will that make much difference. IS SAPERP 2005 and SAP ERP 6.0 same.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still not completed but have to close for a new one to be opened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello anup,

http://www.service.sap.com/erp-ehp should help you.I think you just need to monitor ehp folder.

thanks,

Prasanna

Edited by: Prasanna K on Jul 6, 2009 5:48 PM