cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xi full tablespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having problems with the tablespace PSAPXIDDB and I don't know how to free space in this. I tried deleting the oldest messages but the DB have the same free space (0%)and most of the messages was deleted although I couldn't delete the biggest messages that were sent yesterday.

Those messages has a EOIO quality service and has a split by 10000 recordsets because they have a 1.4G of size.

Could anybody tell me how can I free space? and how can I delete these messages that was posted yesterday? Do I need to do something else after running the deleting jobs?

thanks for your help.

Omar Hernandez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal, I have deleted almost all the messages and I still have the same problem. Do you know what else I can do? How can I delete manually cancelled mesagges?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have more space on your hard drive alter the tablespace and add a datafile.

alter tablespace PSAPXIDDB ADD DATAFILE '/oracle/XID/sapdata4/xid640_4/xiq640.data5' SIZE 20M AUTOEXTEND ON MAXSIZE UNLIMITED;

If you set AUTOEXTEND then it will take care of extension everytime it needs. Otherwise you will run into the same problem if you do not allocate more space.

Regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

Have you solved this problem? I have a similar issue on XI 3.0 (SP18). We have archived about 18GB to the file system. The deletion jobs have deleted about 100,000 of the 115,000 messages, but after the DB REORG, the free space has increased by less than 1GB.

Background: I am aware of the pre-allocation of the database containers (files) at the file system level. I am talking about the free space as reported by transaction DB2, goto Space -> Tablespace.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Derek Colley (added additional background)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Do I need to do something else after running the deleting jobs?

but you did run archive too right?

SXMB_ADM - schedule archive job and then schedule delete?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have any archive process, this is happening in a dev server, fortunately. I just run the delete jobs on sxmb_adm - schedule delete jobs.

Thanks Michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have a look at this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

to see what you need to delete ALL messages

Regards,

michal