cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer can not find a TREX instance for update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I installed TREX version 7.0.44 and want to update this version to 7.1.32.

As described in the Installation Guide I downloaded file TREX71_32.SAR from SAPNet and unpacked it in an installation directory. After that I called sapinst and selected update TREX. I get the error message: No TREX system found for update with SID...

I started sapinst with user <sid>adm but the TREX system could not be found.

Any ideas??

Thank you!

Best Regards

Ines

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

> I installed TREX version 7.0.44 and want to update this version to 7.1.32.

> As described in the Installation Guide I downloaded file TREX71_32.SAR from SAPNet and unpacked it in an installation directory. After that I called sapinst and selected update TREX. I get the error message: No TREX system found for update with SID...

> I started sapinst with user <sid>adm but the TREX system could not be found.

First thing if you are trying to update 7.0 TREX with 7.1 installer it will not recognize your TREX system.

So, better option is take approach of Upgrade by Export and Import of Indexes.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it's a new installation. For the installtion I used the DVD NW 7.0 EHP1 SR1 Srch/Class-TREX 7.10 (51036864). It seems that the version for TREX on this DVD is 7.0.

Do you know where I can find the DVD for TREX 7.1?

I also tried to use sapinst from the software package I downloaded from SAPNet. But that doesn't work neither.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Ines

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

You can download TREX software from below link:

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group -" SAP NetWeaver" - SAP NETWEAVER" - SAP NETWEAVER 7.0" Entry by Component - Search and Classif. (TREX)

Here you can find software for both TREX 7.0 and TREX 7.1.

But make sure that, if you are trying to upgrade existing TREX 7.0 with 7.1 installer it will not recognize your existing TREX system

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used the SAR file to install TREX but that didn't work.

The installation "got stucked" at the "TREX execution phase" and I found in the sapcpe_out.log the entry "Old Password:".

The installation program didn't require any parameters. Just the SID, instance and the directory /sapmnt.

Isn't that too less for an installation?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Ines

PS: The last entry in the install.log

-

SarTrek.runsapcpe -

-

Deploying binaries (sapcpe)

-

su - tedadm -c '/sapmnt/TED/exe/nuc/linuxx86_64/sapcpe pf=/sapmnt/TED/profile/TED_TRX53_zwac0117 list:/sapmnt/TED/exe/nuc/linuxx86_64/trexbin.lst stdoutput' >/tmp/sapinst_instdir/TREX/install/trex_install_2009-07-09_17.33.48/sapcpe_out.log 2>&1

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

Could you please tell me for which version you have started installtion ?

Are you doing upgrade or installing new system ?

Also, please make sure that password of <sid>admin user and SAPService<SAPSID> user should be same.

Could you please paste sapcpe_out.log ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

in the meantime I tried it severals time...But what I did last was the following:

- download TREX71_32-10004510.SAR and unpacked it

- logged on as user root and called /im_sapinst_standalone_trex/IM_LINUX_X86_64/sapinst

- entered the SID, Instance number and SAP Mount Directory

- started the installation

This was a new installation. I didn't start an upgrade.

Entry of sapcpe_out.log:

Old Password:

When I tried it the very first time I installed TREX from the Installation DVD 51036864 and wanted to upgrade it afterwards. But that didn't work because there was no TREX found for updating.

Then I tried to install it from the SAR file as described above --> you know the result

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards

Ines

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

As I stated earlier you cannot upgrade TREX 7.0 from 7.1 installer because then it will not recognize the system.

Also, have you checked <sid>adm user and SAPService<SAPSID> has same password ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, I know that and therefore I deleted everything and started a new installation calling sapinst from the downloaded SAR file as I described step by step in my earlier answer.

Best Regards

Ines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't have the user SAPService<SAPSID>. Does the installation program create it?

As I wrote in my last answer sapinst doesn't require any parameters. Just the SID, Instance and the Mount Directory.

Isn't that too less?

I started the installation with user root.

Best Regards

Ines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue above! Does any know to to resolve this problem.

Rgds,

Sheikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did the following to solve the problem:

- Download and install the latest available Revision for TREX 7.1:

http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Download -> Support Packages and Packages-> Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group ->

-> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 ->

-> Eintrag nach Komponente -> Search and Classif. (TREX) -> TREX 7.10

Download the package with the latest available Revision

Installation Guide for TREX 7.1, which can be found here:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

-> SAP NetWeaver

-> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s)

-> Installation

-> 3 - Installation - Standalone Engines

-> SAP netWeaver Search and Classification TREX

Before you start the installation delete all logfiles in the installation directory.

BUT - this was an initial installation NOT an update!!!!!!

Make sure that you use the right Installation Guide!!!

Best Regards

Ines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

Thanks a lot for your reply ...

I followed your steps to install Trex7.1 (new installation) and it did install successfully (previously, I was trying to run sapinst from installation master cd which was always installing Trex7.0 instead of Trex7.1 !!! I cann't understand why?).

however, the installation screens are now different. For example, I did not get the screen where you specify default settings (Typical or Custom installation) !!! Also, I did not get HTTP server installation screen !? So, looks like, it was not install for me ! How do I install it now?

Even, when executing installation test script, everything was Ok except Check 02: Check TREX Web Site ! Why?

Rgds

Sheikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

My HTTP problem is fixed by enabling it through Admin Tool.

Rgds,

Sheikh