cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS & Object Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in the transactional SAP while I'm creating a new version of a DIR the system allows me to inherit (via copy) the object links included in the DIR of departure.

By contrast the Easy DMS does not cover this feature.

Suggestions? I have to implement some custom FM?

Thanks a lot,

Marco.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the transactional mode to create a new versione of DIR.

When I choose the button "Create New Version" from the toolbar in the EasyDMS, the system don't ask me nothing.

Thanks a lot!

Marco.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

this difference between the DMS transactions in the backend and EasyDMS has the same reason as the 'Status-Log' issue you mentioned in your other post.

For creating a new version EasyDMS uses the DMS BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATEFROMSRC2 which is called in batchmode. The BAPI is not able to handle any pop-up as normally there cannot be made any user input during the BAPI works. Therefore the behavior in EasyDMS is the same and no pop-up is displayed. This is due to the following coding:

Main Program SAPLCV117

Source code of LCV117U06

FUNCTION CV117_LINKED_OBJECTS_SELECT

IF pf_batchmode IS INITIAL.

REFRESH gt_screen_drad.

LOOP AT lt_tdwot_show.

CLEAR gt_screen_drad.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING lt_tdwot_show TO gt_screen_drad.

gt_screen_drad-tbl_sel = 'X'.

APPEND gt_screen_drad.

ENDLOOP.

Here the field 'pf_batchmode' is filled with 'X' which is harcoded

in the following coding for the BAPI use:

CALL FUNCTION 'CV117_LINKED_OBJECTS_SELECT'

EXPORTING: pf_batchmode = 'X'

pf_dokar = pf_doctype

TABLES: pt_drad = lt_drad.

I hope this information could be usefull for you and I regret that I cannot offer you another reply. This behavior is not a bug this means to be the standard behavior in EasyDMS due to the use of BAPI DOCUMENT_CREATEFROMSRC2.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph.

Marco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check the following,

When u are going to copy doc

If the source document has more than one version and you want to choose the version from a list, enter the special

character * in the Document version field.

You see the Document Versions screen, showing a list of all the versions of the document.

Choose the version you want to copy from.

The system checks the template, or source document. You will see one or several dialog boxes where you must decide which data you want to copy from the template, or source document.

Benakaraj

??P