cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form does not display "I am the placeholder control" displays instead

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to display an Adobe interactive form in IE browser. Instead of the form, the message "I Am The Placeholder Control" displays where the form should be. Any thoughts on the cause of this?? Active X settings have been checked and the PC has been used to display Adobe Interactive forms before.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have solved this issue. AdobeControl was not properly installed in IE. Looking in the installed objects in IE, AdobeControl was not listed. However when looking in the file directories, PlaceHolder.dll was installed. The existence of the placeholder file was preventing the rest of the AdobeControl files to not download.

This was fixed by manually deleting PlaceHolder.dll. The next time the form was opened in IE, all the components downloaded correctly and the form was displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is strange: I suddenly had the same problem (a blue frame 'I am the PlaceHolder control').

As all Adobe controls were loaded I solved it with a reinstallation of Active Component Framework (ACF), which can be found in SAP note 766191.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The "place holder control" issue occurs when the webas version is less than of the nwds version.What are the versions of your Webas and nwds?.Deploy your project from a nwds whose version is less than or equivalent to that of your Webas.This would definitely solve the problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the ACF (Active Component Framework) installed on the client PC ?

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey David,

I am also in a similar boat. Having installed and configured the TrustCertificate, i still get a blank for where my sample form should be displayed.

There are a number of things that need to be done for the Adobe document services to work.

This weblog outlines some

/people/achim.hauck/blog/2005/02/04/my-struggles-with-the-adobe-document-services-in-was640

It is "My struggles with the Adobe Document Services in WAS6.40" by Achim Hauck.

Hope it helps.

Sumit.