Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F Process Groups

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Anyone had much experience in setting up process groups?

I have been tasked with researching how to provide a subset of all forms available in the Select Process step

My scenario is that of a manager's PA who would be tasked with initiating various low priority forms.

I am thinking therefore that the way forward would be to set up a Process Group and assign the correct iView to this role.

Am I thinking along the correct lines?

Cheers

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not make a custom Initiator role for the PA's and then only have the Processes they need assigned to that initiator?

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I wasn't aware that could be done vbut it sounds like an excellent idea. I'll give it a go!

Cheers

Ian

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I've checked with the security people here and we don't use the standard P_ASRCONT auth object in any of the roles here (which I don't really understand).

I presume therefore that it won't make any difference if I create a custom initiator.

Strange though as I had to assign the HRASRA role to a form to be able to view in the Hr Admin view.

Cheers

Ian

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That initiator role "code" is set/passed to the iView. Make sure you make that setting if you are making a custom portal role (for ex. for your PA folks). That's why in HRAS you only see the Processes set for HRASRA initiator. haha Look at the application parameter settings! (also, look at the actual WebDynpro ABAP for "asr_execute" and your will see the initiator role set there by default as "HRASRA".

What timing you have ! This is actually one of my "yet to be finished" blogs that is coming up next. haha

I have another one too that explains all the ways you can control the process list by various config settings.

Stay tuned!

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks as always for replying Chris.

I'm not sure I understand fully though. (Too early in the morning perhaps).

Would you mind expanding slightly? I have a meeting tomorrow regarding this and would like to at least attempt to appear as though I know what I'm talking about!

Definitely looking forward to your new blogs -keep them coming -it makes my job so much easier!

Cheers

Ian

Answers (0)