Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Seperator issue with input field and float

Hello all,

i got a problem with an input text field in my webdynpro application. This textfield is used to enter an float digit like 50.3, i have bound the field to a note with the value float and everything works fine, almost.

There is just one strange thing happend. If the user is logged on with german language settings and he tipes 50.3 into the field i got the number 503, if he puts 50,3 into the field a got the right value 50,3. The same happens the other way arround if the user is locked on with english language settings.

Is there anyway to tell the application that the node should accept both seperators '.' as well as ',' and not just kick out the a wrong seperator if the language doesnt fit? If somebody has an idea, that would be great

Regards,

Andre

replied

Hi Andre

Actually the float type depends on the user's locale and system's regional settings. Your task as I understand is just to accept only one format and to mark another one with 'invalid format' error message, right?

If you want you can make the field as String and perform your own field parsing/validation which will accept the both variants in format. Or it will accept one format and deny another one.

Do you use Non-Validating actions in your WD application?

BR, Sergei

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question