cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a simple form to populate from workflow container?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are triggering a custom workflow from the creation of a specific type of financial document (BKPF) based on doc type. I am able to make this occur after I implemented OSS Note 336305 onto our v4.7 Enterprise system.

I would like to make the first task a simple form that will display certain fields from the FI document and allow changing. I created a structure containing the fields I want displayed on the form and can get the form to display. However, I am unable to get the form populated with the information from the document. I'm suspect it's a binding problem but don't know where to begin. My container element contains both BKPF and the structure I created for the simple form.

I must warn you that I am new to Workflow having only taken the two classes at SAP Education, so any explaination will need to be detailed and simple.

Thanks for the help.

Joanne Johnson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved this on my own. I created attributes containing the elements and then used an empty method to allow binding of the individual fields from the step back to the workflow container.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joanne Johnson,

Sory to come into your thread,But it is very urgent to me, let me know clearly how to get data into workflow container from particular method in the Business Object ( BUS2032 ) , I also new to workflow.

<b>sorry sorry .....</b>

very very urgent

Thanks in advance .

Thanks,

Raghava .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I made this entry yesterday, I decided I needed a method that will populate the form structure prior to displaying the form. I created a subtype ZBKPF of BKPF and added a method to populate structure. I know the method works correctly because I debugged the code and saw that it executes and fills the structure fields. However, it doesn't update the structure fields in the container correctly. So obviously I have a binding problem. I'm not sure how to get the container fields populated once I populate the structure. Thoughts?