cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Ramanathan. and intrested in SAP PLM.

Anybody can guide me how to start to learn those stuff. where i have to start from scratch.

rightnow working with some CAD PDM with automotive domain.

Gudie me and help me.

Thanx

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Volker from the .riess corporation and responsible for the SAP PLM CAD Integration for Pro/Engineer in North America.

SAP PLM is often starting with the CAD Integration, because in the product lifecycle process it's one of the first steps - but - it's 'not' SAP PLM. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) is the entire process of a product - from the idea to after sales support and maintenance.

For the major CAD systems there are 4 different vendors for the CAD Integrations worldwide. To learn the the setup from scratch you would have to learn SAP customizing (document management, CAD Desktop), document management, status network, classification and, if you like, engineering change management.

To setup such a process in a company is running very often together with process changes in the entire company. This processes have to be discussed in the company with different departments and gives an idea the the complexity.

To learn SAP PLM only from the 'small part' CAD Integration need some understanding of the CAD Tool and SAP.

To learn all this from scratch takes some time. The usual way is to make such a PLM project in a company or find a job at the CAD Integration vendors I mentioned above.

I hope this helps.

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[PLM|; Check this Mentioned link .Better Start with Documents , Plant Maintenance , QM & PS

Regards,