cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many WebServices in Adaptive WS Model?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have one process component with 3 Services Interfaces and 3 Operations. When I use a Adaptive WS Model in WD Appl, Do I need create 3 WS Models or only one???

How can I do to change the destinations (Metadata and Execution) for only one WS Model ??? I think for Metadata, I can use the WSIL but I would like to know the best practices.

Tks for all collaboration,

Best Regards

Rui Keiti Kikumatsu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rui Keiti Kikumatsu

>Do I need create 3 WS Models or only one???

You have to import 3 separate WS models in the case.

>How can I do to change the destinations (Metadata and Execution) for only one WS Model ???

When you are importing a WS Model you are asked for JCo destination name. You can specify each time a new destination name. Then you will be able to configure the remote web-services separately one from another.

BR, Sergei

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can call three webservices inthe NWDS , with 3 different WSDL urls provides to you and create three models

and before creating the destination for each model , you can provide the modeldata and metadata with the same

name for one model , sothat the number of destination you create gets decreased inthe visual admin tool ,

so that you can create only 3 destinations , one each for each webservice .

this would be a efficient approach ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have three WebServices then you have to create three seperate Adaptive WebService Models. For these three Adaptive WebService Models you need to create three dynamic destinations in Visual Admin. You can use the same destination for both metadata & execution purpose.

Webservice Destinations:

You have to configure these destinations in the below location:

webservice security -> dynamic proxies --> click on create button --> provide url, uname, pwd

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b2bc0932-0d01-0010-6d8e-cff...

And you need to provide this destination in the Adaptive Webservice Logical destination at design time.

So at runtime WebDynpro runtime automatically picks this.

See the complete tutorial "Accessing an Email Web Service using the Adaptive Web Service Model" in the below link.

[original link is broken]

If you are using CE 7.1 go through the below document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d70a19-45a3-2b10-bba0-807d819d...

Note: While creating model you can give some dummy (or default shown by model tool )destination and later after configuring the actual destinations you can change in model properties.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use a single webservice call for all the 3 operations.No need to create 3 seperate webservices models...

For example you have create,update and delete operations..You can operate all this 3 operations by using a single webservice call by maintaing a flag at database side for Create(C),Update(U), and Delete(D).Basing on this flag you can differ the logic at backend side which method needs to be called..

I didnt get you regarding destinations..Just go through this document for destinations

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b2bc0932-0d01-0010-6d8e-cff...

Hope this helps in same way for you..

Regards,

Saleem