cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which systems settings are needed to support email sending?

barbara_bendjama
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send email after SMARTFORM processing. My coding seems to be correct according to the multiple posts about the subject, but I did not get any mail at the end after calling function module' SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'.

The sy-subrc is fine, I have set on the commit work, but nothing is issued.

How can I check that the system is correctly configured to send mail?

thanks and regards,

barbara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just check settings of transaction SCOT.

In addition SMTP has to be activated on your server where SAP is installed.

Cheers,

André

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

barbara_bendjama
Explorer
0 Kudos

hI,

SMTP server was correctly set in my system. The issue is related to Receivers. If I use SAP user name, and type 'B', The mail never goes to outlook. If I enter thel address directly with type 'U', then I get it in outlook.

I would expect to have the same result (outlook mail) for both recipient type (expecting that the function module is doing the conversion from SAP user name to email address.

Is there a way to do get this result automatically?

Kind regards,

barbara

barbara_bendjama
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

I have some doubt that I am using the correct Function module. I don't want to have the mail in the SAP inbox, but in the outlook inbox.

My report is producing email that can be check via SBWP. but which are never send to my outlook mailbox.

And the system settigns are correct.

So could you please confirm if this function module can be used to send mail outside of SAP world?

Kind regards,

Barbara

former_member555112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set up the SMTP node in SCON.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

premal_mistry2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

Kindly have a look at the following links.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm]

[http://mysapinkpot.blogspot.com/2007/11/configuration-sending-mails-from-sap.html]

Hope this helps you !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sending mails to external mail ID.

For testing.

Go to TCODE SBWP. Click on "New message". Enter the recipient and send it. Check the status in TCODE SOST.

Regards