cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a container value be edited?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have workflows that are in error because for some reason an event that was created did not have a parameter set. That parameter would have been used in a branch expression, and because it does not exist, the branch has no correct outcome and results in the error.

Is there a way to set the value of the container value? That way when I restart the workflow it should continue on it's way.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can change the container values. I am assuming the element is at Workflow level since you mention it is being used in a branch expression.

1)Display the WF (WI type flowitem) using transaction SWIA.

2)Select the Menu option Go to -> Technical WI display.

3)Then Select the Menu option Edit -> Change.

You should see a Change Container button.

You can also change the container values at WI level using the same procedure for dialog WIs. For Background WIs, step 2 is not applicable.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Thanks for the reply, but in the system I am working in (4.7) there is no menu entry Go to -> Technical WI display, and nowhere can I see an Edit -> Change option in any menu of any screen.

Are you sure this is valid for a 4.7 system?

BR,

Tony.

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony,

Yes, it is available in 4.7 system. You have to first display the work item from the SWIA list either by double clicking on the WI or selecting the WI and clicking on the eye glasses icon.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Yes you were correct; just what I wanted!

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Tony

Answers (0)