cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with BI refresh?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We got BI 7.0 system running on Sun solaris server.

I need to refresh the BI QA system with database copy from BI prod system

(The source system (ECC) is not getting refreshed).

Having said that, i went thru the system copy prodecure (Systemcopy_NW2004s_SR2) and as per the instruction in the note

As per the nore 886102, my refresh requirement fits into scenario B2.

As per this instruction set,it says delete all source systems.

But my concern is how do i restore the source system definition?In tc RSA1, do i i need to go manually create all source systems?

Would it be the right approach?

The system copy procedure /sap note 886102 does not contain instruction for restoring source systems definitions.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ram

Edited by: rama subramaniam on Jul 6, 2009 7:07 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

Thanks for your reply.You asked me to check Post system copy steps for the BI system.

Which document you are referring to?

I am going thru the pdf file "System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR2 ABAP+Java".

But it does not have the steps you have mentioned in your reply.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run BDLS fin the Bi system with proper settings.

Check the Entry in the Table RSLOGSYSDEST.All the destination rfc should be of Quality System Now.

Check the Table RSBASIDOC.

Now Peforn the Source System Restore in RSA1.Please make sure that while restore it is taking to the corret System.Check the System when it asks you for USer id and Password.

Verify any duplicate entries for RSISOSMAP table.

Assignment of source system to source system id in RSA1.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Directly after the copy, a connection exists between the copied OLTP-system and the original BW. The source system connections of the copied OLTP-system have to be deleted without touching the source system connections between the original BW and OLTP-system connection.

Check table RSBASIDOC in the fresh copied target OLTP-system to determine all existing sourcesystem-connections.

If the table is empty, you do not have to execute function module RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT

If entries exist: Note down all these entries: fields RLOGSYS and SLOGSYS.

Note: Do not delete the RFC destination between the target R3 and the productive BW system! The destination is required during the deletion to get metadata information by the productive BW system (only a read access is done).

Execute function module RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT in the copied target OLTP-system, using the following parameters:

I_BIW_LOGSYS = <RLOGSYS>

I_OLTP_LOGSYS = <SLOGSYS>

I_FORCE_DELETE = 'X'

This step deletes all obsolete BW connections. Repeat this for all entries in table RSBASIDOC.

Caution: DO NOT enter a value in the field "RFC target sys". This would cause the function module to run in the system specified there!

Correct the RFC destinations in all connected BW or BW sourcesystems. Change the hosts in the appropriate RFC destinations so that they refer to the correct system

Also, in transaction RSA1

One of pre-requisite before running RSA1 is that both BI and Source System should be open.

You need to open the systems using SCC4 .

Run the Transaction RSA1 and right click on Myself System and click on Restore

Hope it helps

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are performing System copyfor BI system,After system copy you need to Run BDLS first and chang the Logical System from Source to target in the Qua BI system .BDLS will have the entry of Production systen to be changed to Quality .

Then you need to have New RFC that are pointing to your Quality System.

Then you can try to restore the logical system.

Please check the post System copy step that you need to perform in BI.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol