cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading basic R/3 objects into CRM with brand new systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have just a question concerning initial download of basic objects, listed at page 16 of SAP BP manual.

We have a bizarre architecture in this project.

A brand new client for CRM integration, but in same machine where lay other two clients, is linked to a brand new machine for R/3. R/3 is used for development.

CRM is using the same machine, with a different client, defined as copy of Production client in production machine. The other two clients in this machine are pure development CRM.

R/3 lays on a brand new machine and it's defined as copy of production, meant production client in a production machine.

It seems that initial download in CRM of a basic object like "DNL_CUST_ACGRPB" doesn't work as this download is maintaing status "Running" for a long time.

Curiously in other crm clients the download of same object is working.

I have revised manuals for Generation-connectivity-replication, but indeed it seems that almost everything is OK. It might be a problem in the brand new machine where R/3 is installed.

Any idea regarding this topic is appreciate.

Many thanks in advance,

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrea,

I still don't quite understand your landscape, but here is the trick for the middleware to work.

One CRM instance must point to only one R/3 instance. In other words the standard SAP CRM solution only allows the connection of one CRM client on a instance to point a maximum of one R/3 client on a instance. SAP by standard does not support more than one active middleware connection between an R/3 instance and CRM instance.

If you landscape does not follow this rule, then the middleware will not function correctly. The only solution you have at this point is to adjust your landscape to follow this rule, or possible contact SAP via OSS to see if there is a solution.

Good luck,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

first of all many thanks for your reply.

Basically I have solved, by myself, the problem by applying SAP notes 588701 and 765018.

Especially this one has got the solution. The trick was to clear tables CRMPRLS and CRMMLSGUID.

Basically when you create an R/3 system in a brand new machine as copy of production R/3 system of different machoine, the brand new one R/3 is maintaining stored the GUID of logical CRM SYSTEM which belongs to the previous production R/3 system connected to a CRM system.

I wanted to establish a connection with this brand new one R/3 defined as copy of a R/3 production system and a brand new CRM client defined as copy of a previous CRM development client.

In this case as the R/3 system is maintaing the GUID of logical system in table CRMPRLS, you have to delete this entry from the table in order to achieve that replication of CUSTOMIZING OBJECT, from R/3 to the brand new CRM can work.

Hope this could be clear and useful.

Andrea