cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Running Remote Search Helps in SRM via Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am having troubles trying to implement an input help for a custom field in the standard Shopping Cart Portal page for item level.

I would like to implement the same input help used in field Network of Activities, but as I can see in WDA component '/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_DO_ACC', it seems to use another component in order to run a remote Search Help (I assume it is an original search help from PS system).

Does anybody know how to use this backend search help WDA Component? (/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_BACKEND_SH)

I haven´t found any information regarding that :S.

Another option would be to create a new RFC FM in PS returning the expected values, and use these entries to build a list value selector associated to the corresponding context attribute (This is not what I would like...)

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Vicente,

Me gustaría compartir contigo experiencias en webdynpro abap y comentarte unos temas sobre un proyecto de implantación de SRM. Saludos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi there,

>

> I am having troubles trying to implement an input help for a custom field in the standard Shopping Cart Portal page for item level.

>

> I would like to implement the same input help used in field Network of Activities, but as I can see in WDA component '/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_DO_ACC', it seems to use another component in order to run a remote Search Help (I assume it is an original search help from PS system).

>

> Does anybody know how to use this backend search help WDA Component? (/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_BACKEND_SH)

>

> I haven´t found any information regarding that :S.

>

>

> Another option would be to create a new RFC FM in PS returning the expected values, and use these entries to build a list value selector associated to the corresponding context attribute (This is not what I would like...)

>

> Thanks in advance!

Figured it out.

/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_BACKEND_SH is a 'freely programmed' search help used in SRM.

1. Add this helpview (HV) component usage to your component controller, and view controller.

2. Map HV SELECTION context to your view

3. Modify the context attribute you want backend searchhelp to 'freely programmed', and select the component usage created in step above (note this is done dynamically in SAP code, b/c attribute is defined as dictionary search help in SAP components) -- this took a bit to figure out.

4. IMPORTANT: Give your context attributes the SAME NAME (COST_CTR in my case) as those in structure /SAPSRM/S_CH_WD_MAP_ACC (how obvious was that)

5. IMPORTANT: Set your LOGSYS in /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_VALHELP_FACTORY class - love those those factories (tic)

DATA: lo_helper TYPE REF TO /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_ACCT_ASSGT_HLPR,

CALL METHOD /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_VALHELP_FACTORY=>GET_ACCT_ASSGT_HELPER

RECEIVING

RO_ACC_ASSGT_HELPER = lo_helper.

CALL METHOD lo_helper->set_searchhelp_control

EXPORTING

iv_logsys = ls_logsys-logsys.

6. Now handle event DATA_SELECTED to get data from SELECTION, and move to your Context field.

How simple was that? Yikes. I should have just built a custom dictionary search help to RFC over and call the BAPI for Cost Center List.

- Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

thank you for your excellent and very helpful description !

After putting some time into research and debugging without success, I found your solution and was able to implement the F4 for cost center in a few hours.

Thanks a lot,

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Tim!

I have select-options fields for WBS_ELEM_E. I succesfully implemented component /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_BACKEND_SH for single field in context of my Z-view.

For select-options I do not know how it works. Method WDDOINIT of component /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_BACKEND_SH is running but in internal table LT_ELEM_SHLP I have one row with dummy shlp. When I to debug component /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_DO_ACC I see in internal table 8 rows. What I do wrong? Plz help me. Thanks for any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Masa,

Thanks for your replies!

Could you please explain more detail to how pass parameters into reused component(/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_BACKEND_SH) in your customazation component. If you can provide some simple steps guid, that will be better to unstandard.

Thanks & Best Regards

Alight

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way is looking at standard code delivered by SAP in SE80.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> The best way is looking at standard code delivered by SAP in SE80.

> Regards,

> Masa

Why not just say, "I don't know".

Has anybody had any luck in implementing a usage of SRM component "/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_BACKEND_SH"

I have:

- Added a usage of the component to COMPONENT_CONTROLLER and V_MAIN

- added/mapped the context SELECTION to context of V_MAIN

- added an attribute with data element KOSTL to DATA context of V_MAIN

I want to use backend searchhelp from ECC for KOSTL. There must be some link between context nodes DATA-KOSTL and SELECTION, but I have not found it yet.

Anybody who has actually used "/SAPSRM/WDC_UI_BACKEND_SH" in a custom development, your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Tim

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The view V_UI_BACKEND_SH has ONACTIONDO_SEARCH method.

It calls CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET' DESTINATION ls_bapi_parameter-destination.

You also need to add an entry in table BAPIF4T backend side.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

have you solved with this method?

which FNAME have you inserted in the BAPIF4T table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Vicente,

Have you solving this issue by now? IF yes, Could you please share your idea for that? I currently need to reuse the component you mentioned for creating a remote search help.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Alight