cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excise invoice number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

My client's requirement is to have the same number ranges for both commercial invoice and excise invoice there on.

can you please suggest.

I shall maintan the billing doc number ranges at [VN01]

and

excise invoice number ranges at [SNRO]

If I maintain the same range, will the requirement gets fulfilled?

If there are invoices for which no excise invoices, then what might be the situation ?

Please give me a suitable suggestion quickly

regards

Mahesh

Edited by: mkaddala on Jul 6, 2009 12:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dont think this can be possible. See sometimes it may happen that billing is done but not excise, even though you will create same number range then also there wont be same number for commercial and excise invoice

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As said by other members first detailly explain the dis advatages of having the same Numbers to your client;s core team as they can ask any thing but as a consultant we have to convince them.

If they not then what i can suggest is suppose the range is of 10 digits what you can do is

First define the Number ranges year wise as said first 4 digits represent the Fiscal year like

0910000001 to 0910999999

for both commercial as excise invoice.

Next year you can star the new number ranges for commercial and excise will be as follows

1011000001 to 1011999999

But for those invoices which does not require excise invoice though you can create excise invoice in J1iin with 0 values or you can use the different billing type and number ranges.

But you have to check and try if there are any adjust ment entries through J1IH or J1IS how far this will be applicable.

Have a detailed discussion with your core team and explain that it is not a best practice.

regards

PS : Let me know the views of other forum members on this one

regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, please note excise number range will restart each and every year whereas in case of billing document, it is a continuous number range. So even if you maintain the same number range in VN01, in tables like VBRK and VBRP, the latest billing document number will not be recorded.

For example, last year, you have some billing document number say 10 and assuming that for current year also, you have the same number range, for current year also, this 10 will be recorded in the above tables. Now if you see in VBRK for the said invoice, you could see only last year's data and not current year data.

Keeping this mind, this requirement is NOT at all advicable !!!!!!!!!

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

that's fine as far as not advisable.at the same time, if he asks for how to track the excise invoices .

what should be he advise ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to track the excise invoices for certain period or so...U can use the document list for various Excise transaction types through J1I7.

J1IDOCFLOW for document flow for Excise invoices.

Regards,

Praveen.