Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: WDWSModelExecuteException

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

my WDJ calls a model from another WDJ DC. The actual call is performed by a plain java file in src folder.

Build and activation are fine but I get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/tc/webdynpro/model/webservice/api/WDWSModelExecuteException

Why does this happen?

Calling web services from plain java files in the same DC as the WDJ comp can generate such issues?

Thanks in advance

Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This exception may also come when web-service does not execute successfully. Webservice may throw some exceptions.

Did you check the webservice in the web-service navigator?

Check wethere all the required parameters are set to execute this web-service model or not...

Print the exception cause and message by keeping the following statements in the exception block..

e.getCause();

e.getMessage();

Regards,

Saleem

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add run-time reference to component SAP_JTECHS-> tc/wd/wslib, public part is "default". The PP contains the exception class.

BR, Sergei

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

WDJ DC project -> properties -> WD references -> library references add "tc/wd/wslib"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

there should not be any problem in calling webservices ,

have you checked whether the webservice is working fine in the WSNAVIGATOR after you have

called one DC to other , this error basically occurs because of the some error related to the webservice ,

please do check that ,

i have faced this problem when we were integrating the webservie in the NWDS , and other thing is

webservice seems working fine from the WSNAVIGATOR and still there persists some problem .

Thanks

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your reply,

actually, the code does not even get to the point where the WS is invoked.

As soon as the cmp controller invokes a method in the plain java class, the exception is arised.

I have seen that the class WDWSModelExecuteException is in DC: sap.com\tc\wd\wslib public part default

which is correctly used in my WDJ DC.

Should I set some runtime reference?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo