cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a strange issue. The SDM port was changed for our test server and since then we are not able to deploy any DC on that.

The error log is:

Jun 24, 2009 2:50:20 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [ThreadDeploy Thread,5,main] WARNING:

004Deployment finished with warning

Settings

SDM host : XXXXXXXXX

SDM port : 50218

URL to deploy : file:/c:/TEMP/temp16097abc.com~NewRequest.ear

Result

=> deployment not executed : file:/c:/TEMP/temp16097abc.com~NewRequest.ear

Unresolved dependencies found for the following SDAs:

1.: development component 'NewRequest'/'abc.com'/'NWD_P2PDEV_D'/'20090624114235'/'0'

dependency:

name: 'LibraryComp'

There is no component either in SDM repository or in Deployment batch that resolves the dependency.

Deployment will be aborted.

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

LibraryComp was already present in the development and consolidation system but now i'm not to deploy even on the dev system.

Also there is a broken DC in the CBS but we are not transporting the same. The problem with this DC is that we are able to see this DC in DTR perspective but not in DC perspective because of which we are not able to delete the same. We want to delete this DC but in DC perspective the options for Delete are disabled.

Will deploying the above mentioned component manually on the test server be of any use?

Any pointers will be of great help.

Regards.

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where is the 'LibraryComp'? Is it in another DC? If it is so, Did you deploy that DC before NewRequest DC?

Make sure that you mention the "deply time" dependency in NewRequest used dc.

Regards,

Jaya.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya.,

I tried what u have replied on the thread

1) But the problem is that if I make the deploy time dependency on the External library DC, I am not able to deploy through NWDS.

2) I have wrapped this External Library DC into a J2EE DC and then deployed this J2EE DC and then used it in my main WebDynpro DC but that change did not take effect. Still I am getting the same exception for External Library Component that dependency can not be resolved.

3) Even after deploying the J2EE DC I am not able to find the External Library DC in the SDM repository.

4) I have even deployed my main component using NWDS and then I am able to deploy my component.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

As already explained LibraryComp is an External Library DC so can not be deployed individually. NewRequest is the component that uses LibraryComp as a Used DC so it should have been deployed along with NewRequest and then it should be existing on the server.

I am getting this issue in the Test system after the consolidation.

Also we have repaired the broken DC and then transported it to the Test environment so now there is no broken DC in our track the CBS.

Hope I am able to explain my problem now.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

This can happen:

In NWDI while deploying the complete track it will create .sca file where in it will put all the deployable objects in that. It doesn't know in which order it has to deploy the objects.

Let take a sample scenario:

You have DC's one_dc, two_dc, three_dc, four_dc.

four_dc -> is using one_dc, three_dc.
three_dc -> is using two_dc.

So, before deploying four_dc we have to make sure that we deploy one_dc and three_dc.. otherwise deployment of four_dc will fail becoz it dependant on one_dc and three_dc.

At the same time we cannot deploy three_dc with out deploying two_dc becoz three_dc is dependant on two_dc.

Now the solution for this problem is:

while adding one_dc and three_dc as used dc's in four_dc we have to select the "Deploy Time" option in "Dependency Type" section.

Now our dc's will be like this

four_dc used dc's -> one_dc(deploytime - true), three_dc (deploytime - true)
three_dc used dc's -> two_dc(deploytime - true)
two_dc used dc's -> nothing
one_dc used dc's -> nothing.

Now when .sca file is deployed let us take it picks four_dc first.. it will go and search whether there are any used dc's with deploy time as true.. If they are there then it will go deploy them first. this cycle will go till the end.. means,

1. when deploying four_dc the used dc's will be checked. since three_dc is there with deploy time as true three_dc will be deployed first.

2. while deploying three_dc used dc's will be checked. since two_dc is there with deploy time as true , two_dc will be deployed before three_dc..

So, final conclusion is, make sure that you give the deploy time dependency as true in all the required places. 
Otherwise you will get the problem while migration. 
(You will not face this problem in development because we activate the dependant dc's first)

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I have already tried what you have suggested but to no use. It's again giving the same error. I am looking forward to manually deploy the NewRequest Component through SDM. Is it the option? Should I do that? Any suggestions.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can try by deploying manually.

But actually i was confused.

Are you facing the issue in Dev/ Test sytem?

I hope you are facing the issue with NewRequest DC?

Giving error like "LibraryComp" not exist in the server

Did you try to deploy the LibraryComp again in Dev/Test system?

If yes, is it deploying successfully?

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

LibraryComp is External Library DC used in NewRequest DC as Used Dc and deploy time dependency is being maintained over there.

Actually everything is working fine in development system. The problem is coming only in the test system since there was a change made in the port number in NWDI.

The last option that I am counting upon is to deploy LibraryComp manually using SDM.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you checkout External Library DC again and transport that activity to Test system. Are you able to transport the activity of this DC to your Test system? You can check in the NWA-->Applications when that DC is deployed and running or not ..etc.

Regards,

Charan