cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in NWDI:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a strange issue. The SDM port was changed for our test server and since then we are not able to deploy any DC on that.

The error log is:

Jun 24, 2009 2:50:20 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [ThreadDeploy Thread,5,main] WARNING:

004Deployment finished with warning

Settings

SDM host : XXXXXXXXX

SDM port : 50218

URL to deploy : file:/c:/TEMP/temp16097abc.com~NewRequest.ear

Result

=> deployment not executed : file:/c:/TEMP/temp16097abc.com~NewRequest.ear

Unresolved dependencies found for the following SDAs:

1.: development component 'NewRequest'/'abc.com'/'NWD_P2PDEV_D'/'20090624114235'/'0'

dependency:

name: 'LibraryComp'

There is no component either in SDM repository or in Deployment batch that resolves the dependency.

Deployment will be aborted.

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

LibraryComp was already present in the development and consolidation system but now i'm not to deploy even on the dev system.

Also there is a broken DC in the CBS but we are not transporting the same. The problem with this DC is that we are able to see this DC in DTR perspective but not in DC perspective because of which we are not able to delete the same. We want to delete this DC but in DC perspective the options for Delete are disabled.

Will deploying the above mentioned component manually on the test server be of any use?

Any pointers will be of great help.

Regards.

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

i guess this is definetly problem with SCA files version or patch levels in QA is different from DEV. your QA system is not in sync with with DEV system. goto System Information of both the Systems(DEV&QA) and check whether any difference.

this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Anil.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Yes I have already done this.

Thanks.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

I am getting the same error when i do the following:

1) Deploy the NewRequest Component from NWDS with Used DC with Deploy time dependency.

2) Try to import the Component in the test environment from the Assembly.

3) Directly deploy the SCA using SDM GUI.

Although, if i add LibraryComp DC to the NewRequest Component with build time dependency then I am able to deploy the component from NWDS but then i get the error in NWDI while trying to import the Component in the test environment from the Assembly.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Please ignore if you have already done these.

Are you sure that you have released all these changes successfully?

1. Removing the runtime, deploytime dependencies of used dc.

And then you are doing the assembly right?

The reason I am asking this because, the error which you are getting now is totally irrelavant because you have not mentioned any runtime / deploy time dependency.

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

With build time dependency I am able to deploy my component through NWDS successfully. THen the problem I am getting is during the import in the test environment. The error log I have already given.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Yes, I have added the Assembly type public part to the main dc.

I have already tried the things mentiond in the blog mentioned by you but no luck.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Its surprising that still it is not working.. I think we are missing some thing here.

Did you remove the run time dependency?

Also when you follow the current approach

1. Are you able to deploy successfully from NWDS? If not, what is the error?

2. Are you able to deploy your SDA, If not, what is the exact error?

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you followed this step which was explained in the blog:

Caveat confector:

One should always remember this significant and valid point: 
'Use ONLY DC Builds to create the deployable archive if you work with assembly public parts.'. Let me explain this clearly.
 We have added a public part of type 'Assembly' to the WD DC and hence, the local create archive options are not supported. 
So, never use the function 'Create archive' or 'Deploy new archive and run' while working with 'Assembly' type public parts.
Instead, always use the DC 'Build', after that DC 'Deploy' and then simply 'Run' the WD application.

Now, Are you getting the error like this:

=> deployment not executed : file:/c:/TEMP/temp16097abc.com~NewRequest.ear

Unresolved dependencies found for the following SDAs:

1.: development component 'NewRequest'/'abc.com'/'NWD_P2PDEV_D'/'20090624114235'/'0'

dependency:

There is no component either in SDM repository or in Deployment batch that resolves the dependency.

But in earlier post you mentioned that you are getting this error when you gave the deploytime dependency. Please confirm.

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

I have followed this process:

1. Have created an external library dc.

2. Added the external jar file to thisdc.

3. Created two public parts which includes one for JAR file API and other for JAR file SDA.

4. Added this External Library DC to main DC with build time dependency.

And deployed the same after building both the DCs.

If i use the External Library DC in the main DC with DeployTime Dependency then while deploying I get the following error:

dependency:

Deployment will be aborted.

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

While with BuildTime dependency I am able to deploy the NewRequest Component through NWDS.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

4. Added this External Library DC to main DC with build time dependency. 

Did you add the public part (Which was created for Jar file as SDA) as used dc in your webdynpro dc?

You should not give runtime dependency for the used dc in this scenario. Please remove this and test.

I think, deploy time dependency doesn't make any sense here since you are not deploying external library dc seperatley.

Also, did you try following the blog which I posted in previous reply? Any luck there?

Regards,

Jaya.

Edited by: VJR on Jul 13, 2009 2:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Case 1) We used LibraryComp(External Library DC) with build and Run time dependency in the main DC, i.e., NewRequest(Webdynpro DC).

Case 2) Just to try something different and rectify the error, we used ExtLibComp(External Library DC) in the ExternalLibraryComp(J2EE DC) and then used ExternalLibraryComp with RunTime Dependency and ExtLibComp with Build Time Dependency in the NewRequest(Webdynpro DC). Also the reference to J2EE DC was added in the properties of Webdynpro DC.

In both the cases the exception that we are getting while importing is same as quoted above.

We have done each change by creating an activity, making the change, Checking in and activating the activity, releasing the activity. Then Consolidating and Assembling the Components and then trying to import but its failing.

We have also Added the files to repository in 1 of the activity.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

If you want to use an external library in your webdynpro DC just follow the below blog:

/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Please confirm the below:

1. You have created an external library dc.

2. Added the external jar file to thisdc.

3. Created two public parts which includes one for JAR file API and other for JAR file SDA.

(or)

3. Created one public part for JAR file sda.

4. Added this public part as used dc in webdynpro dc.

5. while adding as useddc you gave the buildtime, runtime deploy time dependencies as true.

In Case 1 did you try giving the "deploy time" as true? what exact problem you got?

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya.,

I tried what u have replied on the following thread:

1) But the problem is that if I make the deploy time dependency on the External library DC, I am not able to deploy through NWDS.

2) I have wrapped this External Library DC into a J2EE DC and then deployed this J2EE DC and then used it in my main WebDynpro DC but that change did not take effect. Still I am getting the same exception for External Library Component that dependency can not be resolved.

3) Even after deploying the J2EE DC I am not able to find the External Library DC in the SDM repository.

4) I have even deployed my main component using NWDS and then I am able to deploy my component.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Can you please give me the below details:

1. Each DC Name and type of that DC.

2. Which DC you are using in which DC? what is the value for "deploy time"?

Please provide me the above details.

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

1) Yes, I was able to deploy earlier on Dev.

2) I am able to deploy directly on the dev or test server through NWDS. But even after deploying through NWDS on the test server the deployed SDA can not be found on the SDM repository while we are getting the successfully deployed message.

What i would suggest is deploy the existing component from Dev and do a fresh Deploy through NWDI.

I have already done the same.

I am not able to understand what is happening, as I am able to deploy the components through NWDS but when I try to import in the Test server in NWDI it says dependency cannot be resolved.

I also tried to deploy the SDA directly through SDM GUI but again I got the same dependency error.(This SDA was downloaded from Assembly ).

I am also able to deploy that dependency DC through NWDS on both the Dev and Test server but while import the same can not be found . Even it cannot be seen in the SDM repositories.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

If your applications are getting deployed when you directly deploy from NWDS and not from SDA file means there could be some dependency problem.

When you are deploying manually from NWDS you know the dependency and you will deploy in the same order. So that you will not face any problem. But when you are trying to deploy the SDA file it doesn't know which order to deploy all the deployable objects. It depends on the "deploy time" in each DC used dc's dependency type.

Please cross check that you have given the "deploy time" property true in each of the used dc's where ever required.

Also please go thru my reply in the below thread where I gave a detailed explanation.

Hope this helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you please elaborate how do i check the above mentioned configuration?

Regards.

Rajat

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

System Information is on http://<host>:<port>/index.html

Click system information, go to All components.

But i have 2 questions:

1. Were you able to deploy earlier on Dev? If yes, was there any other change done other than SDM port?

2. Are you able to directly deploy on the dev server and not going through NWDI.

Since you are now facing the problem even while deploying on Dev, i don't think the problem would be in SCA mismatch b/w different servers.

What i would suggest is deploy the existing component from Dev and do a fresh Deploy through NWDI.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Mahajan on Jul 10, 2009 8:38 PM