cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using OVS search help for an input field.

I want to know whether it is possible to use personal value list in OVS, Like one in dictionary search help.

If yes, then how to proceed for that and also suggest any dummy program if possible.

Regards

Pankaj Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I think, 'personal value list' in value help is only possible for Dictionary Search Helps, but not for OVS & Freely programmed. Check out the NOTE section of the [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9ef8cc9b5e3c5ce10000000a421937/content.htm]. It says below.

Before programming your own input helps, see whether your input helps can be depicted using an ABAP Dictionary search help. If you consistently use the search help and thus the default input helps, your Web Dynpro application is more uniform. In addition, the ABAP Dictionary search help allows you to maintain a personal values list (favorites).

This clearly means that, PERSONAL VALUE LIST is only for dictionary helps.

Incase if you use mix of dictionary helps & OVS helps and to make your WD application uniform, its recommended to disable PERSONAL VALUE LIST for dictionary helps.

Hope it answers your question.

Regards,

Manne.

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Check out the links for dynamically assigning OVS/ freelyprogrammed value help/dictionary help

"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In OVS,u can specify the structure of ur own.

Then by populating the internal table built based

on the structure,u can display the values when

F4 is pressed.

Chk out dis link,

it will be very helpful!!!!

Regards,

Divya.S