cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Sapscripts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exported a number of Sapscript Russian forms a non-unicode SAP system using program RSTXSCRP. I would expect that when I import this file back into our unicode SAP system that I would be able to see the Russian text, but I can't the text is all shown as Hashes (#). The documentation for this export/import program mentions that you should use the Binary option when moving from a non-unicode system to a unicode system, which I have done.

I seem to be going round in circles, in that if I change the Hashed text and replace with Russian, manually within the Sapscript, we'll find that the script produces a spool file perfectly okay, with the Russian being displayed, but this spool will not either print or convert to PDF. The print comes out with Hash charcters where the Russian text should be and the PDF looks fine except for any Russian text being replaced with some kind of box type character. Standard Sapscript forms print and convert fine in Russian, so I can only assume it either the import process that's incorrect, or it's the non-uicode to unicode process that causing grief.

Can anyone be of help?.

Gary King

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After changing the russian characters in the text editor, does it retain the russian characters properly ?

For me this issue was resolved using SAP note

Note 1163452 - SPAscript / Smart Forms: Text contains '#' signs

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1). Why would using the Application server make any difference?. Plus, I can't, they are different systems, hence one being non-unicode and one being unicode, remember.

2).Yes, I can replace the Hash characters with Russian and it retains them okay, but of coarse I then get the issue whereby the spool file looks fine when viewed via SP01, but it will not print out in Russian, or convert to PDF. But, that's not the point, I would expect to be able to export a Russian Sapscript and then be able to import without loosing anything. I may raise an OSS note on this subject.

Regards

Gary

Edited by: Gary King on Jul 6, 2009 12:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

The problem may lie in the way it has been coded. Please try once the following way:

Create a character format with Russian Font, say RF

Then To the data which is printed as ##, enclose it in this particular Russian character format like

<RF> data </>

Hope It'll help you.

Regards

Rishika Bawa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked that the Sapscript on the Source system and it looks like the Russian text has just been entered as you would normally enter text. I have also compared this with a SAP standard Sapscript and the text looks like it has been entered in exactly the same way.

However, we are logged in the source system in English, and then exporting the Russian Form using program RSTXSCRP. The documentation for this program mentions that the language vector, which identifies which languages are supported, does play a big role in export/import process. I know that our destination system is setup for Russian and we assumed that as we had Russian Sapscripts in the source system that system was set to use the Russian language. However, a colleague of miine mentioned that he was unable to login as Russian on the source system, something that is controlled by the language vector, so maybe this is the key to the problem. I need to chase this up and confirm.

Your solution is sort of already being used, for example, most of the text in Russian uses the paragraph of H2, which has the COURCYR (Courier Cyrilic) font. I assume that's more or less the same as you mentioned. However, I did create a new character format <RF> and tried wrapping this around the Russian text. The result was the same though.

Regards

Gary

Edited by: Gary King on Jul 9, 2009 12:10 PM

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to export to application server and try importing from there.

Regards,

SaiRam